powerof0ne
11-19-2010, 10:57 PM
So very very weird to me...
Osu!

sandman
11-19-2010, 11:36 PM
Osu!

That may be the understatement of the year ;)

eamoncramb
11-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Reminds me of being in a pub and chatting to sum old guy who knws a few moves and hes half cut and trys to show you something :P

Osu!

Thunar
11-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Osu!

No one could say any better.:D

yoshukai
11-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Man, Seagal just keeps getting bigger around the belly.:D

jcc
11-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Osu!

Some profound observations there by Mr. Seagal. Any bets on Lyoto losing his next match? :)

Osu!

smoothsake
11-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Seagal should focus on aiki type takedowns and locks, let Machida striking coaches worry about the strikes. Read that he lost by split decision to Rampage. Unfortunate but I can only guess that Machida fought smart, defensively, and boooring.

Thunar
11-21-2010, 07:49 PM
Seagal should focus on aiki type takedowns and locks, let Machida striking coaches worry about the strikes. Read that he lost by split decision to Rampage. Unfortunate but I can only guess that Machida fought smart, defensively, and boooring.

Yeah....smart,defensively,boring....and the so called judges in the UFC (that do not know **** about mma) just gave the victory to Rampage. What could we expect?...."african american brawler fighter" VS "brazilian from japanese origin shotokan fighter"........guess who a boxing biased american judge would say that won the fight?....
UFC is loosing the sport side and becoming more and more patriotic oriented.

Osu....

gotapex
11-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, the judging was bizarre. From my understanding, judging criteria is supposed to be on (in order of importance, with top two being given equal weight):

- Clean strikes, in terms of efficiency and effectiveness:
a. Efficient: Machida landed more clean strikes through all 3 rounds
b. Effective: Tie first two rounds (no one landed effective strikes), Machida the 3rd round.

- Effective grappling: Machida had takedowns through all 3 rounds, Jackson maybe one reversal somewhere.

- Octagon Control: The fight pace, place, and position was dictated by Machida through all 3 rounds. The entire fight was clearly "his game". Jackson did work angles better than most of Machida's opponents, instead of just straight chasing.

- Effective Aggressiveness: While this may look to be Jackson, as defined by the UFC, it is not, since he was moving forward but not finding success:

K. Effective Aggressiveness
1. This simply means who is moving forward and finding success.(scoring)
2. Throwing a strike moving backwards is not as effective as a strike thrown moving forward.
3. Throwing strikes and not landing is not effective aggressiveness.
4. Moving forward and getting struck is not effective aggressiveness.
5. Shooting takedowns and getting countered and fended off is not effective aggressiveness.

The only possible criteria that leans towards Jackson is the effective aggressiveness (which Rogan suggest as a possibility during the post fight interview), and even that is not there if scored according to UFC judging criteria.

Fedor
12-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Lol at his striking technique especially teaching Lyoto to hit the throat wit combinatons since thats illegal.

Also his BJJ defence the kicks to the ribs and chops from a standing position not to mention that awful leg lock :)

Calling the clinch usless and a watse of energy even though its the best position to be in to excecute knees, elbows, trips, throws, dirty boxing, slams and suplexs and the escape from the clinch HAHAHAHA that would never work I would love to see him try that against a Judo, Sambo, Greco-Roman or Sumo guy LOL

Why are Silva and Machida taking lessons from this guy it must be some kind of financial incentive cause clearly there both better then him.

Oh and the way he would "f*** Shogun up" with his side step movement ROFL

Awesome vid ;)

[QUOTE=gotapex;186994]Efficient: Machida landed more clean strikes through all 3 rounds

I dunno Machida got better strikes in the 3rd rd but Jackson hit some nice hooks and uppercuts in the 1st and 2nd rds that were clean

- Effective grappling: Machida had takedowns through all 3 rounds, Jackson maybe one reversal somewhere.

Machida only take him down at the end of the 2nd right on the bell and the 3rd there was no TD in rd 1 and only 2 in total.

Rampage took Machida down once in the 1st or 2nd rd i can't remeber.

- Octagon Control: The fight pace, place, and position was dictated by Machida through all 3 rounds. The entire fight was clearly "his game". Jackson did work angles better than most of Machida's opponents, instead of just straight chasing.

- Effective Aggressiveness: While this may look to be Jackson, as defined by the UFC, it is not, since he was moving forward but not finding success:

This is true Machida was in control but i thinkthe judges gave it to Rampage cause he pushed the pace put Lyoto under pressure and was more aggresive but yeah i think Machida took it.:mad: