View Full Version : Senshido style

nzproud
01-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Self defense style
1xt8706J-aY

Liu
01-07-2007, 01:20 AM
No offense, but this looks pretty much like a street brawl >_<
I don't really think this really works for real. The guy got stabbed 2 times before he neutralizes his opponent.

Kris
01-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Some of it looks good I think. They Muay Thai style take downs work very well in my experience (grabbing around the head with booth hands).

Using a chair to create distance between yourself and the knife of an attacker also seems like a good idea.

In most MA there is mostly one on one situations in training, but in street-fights there is often a lot more people involved. Here they seem to simulate those situations in practice, which I think is good.

ibuki
01-07-2007, 03:28 PM
I like it. It seems very realistic.

ojgsxr6
01-08-2007, 03:13 AM
I just want to qualify this by saying I don't train for self defense and know very little about it, but it does interest me. I think scenario based training is beneficial to self defense training, but I think it's best when you have other training to bring to the table.

I trained with someone who was into this scenario based training and Senshido in particular, and I'll put it this way I always died. But that's not all they did they also did padwork, and bagwork. The only thing I disagreed with was his views on training in styles. From what I understood he felt training in styles caused "stylistic interference", which would stop from using a technique quickly, like an elbow for example, because you'd be too concerned about throwing a proper muay thai elbow as opposed to just throwing the elbow.

Kris
01-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Self defence and scenarios are all right, but unless you are a bouncer, bodyguard or a streetfighter it seems to me easier to train within a style where I can measure my skills with belt gradings and tournaments. Only training SD with violent scenarios has a little bit of a "I am always at war" attitude in it, that I personally do not have the need for in my peaceful daily life.