Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson - Check Out The Ear!! [Archive] - Kyokushin4life

View Full Version : Kimbo Slice vs James Thompson - Check Out The Ear!!

Kurisu
06-02-2008, 05:25 AM
Check this out. Thompson has MAJOR cauliflower ear and at around 0:30 in the video, Kimbo punches his ear so hard, it causes the ear to "pop". After the ear pops, you can see the ear flopping around limply every time Thompson gets hit. You can also see blood gushing out of it. It's probably one of this sickest things I've ever seen. Just makes me glad my beautiful ears aren't filled old blood clots :D

YouTube - Kimbo Slice Final Round 3 on CBS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2EaMr5F_o0)

Dent
06-02-2008, 05:33 AM
Osu!

Saw something similar in a lightweight boxing match a few years ago. One fella had an awesome hook, and pounded the other guy's ear for eight, or nine, rounds. Then the ear burst!

The skin was split vertically, and it looked like he had two ears on the one side. He tried to keep going, but it was pouring blood. Serious owie, and no chance of sleeping on that ear for a while.

Osu!

vapor
06-02-2008, 05:38 AM
I am surprised that they let the fight continue with the ear being as swollen as it was...

vapor

Dent
06-02-2008, 05:42 AM
Osu!

But Vapor, won't somebody think of the money?

Um, no, ratings?

No, that's not it either...

Although I suspect it is. It's all about the money and ratings, and less and less about the welfare of the practitioner. That really is the dark side of professional fighting.

Osu!

vapor
06-02-2008, 05:44 AM
No arguments there...the all mighty dollar is a powerful force....plus the hype that was put behind this fight too!

(the dollar isn't as mighty as it used to be...euro is more like it!!)

vapor

Dent
06-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Osu!

(the dollar isn't as mighty as it used to be...euro is more like it!!)

vapor

And I'll sample some of those Kuwaiti Dinar while we're at it! :D

Osu!