Red Belt (The Movie) [Archive] - Kyokushin4life

View Full Version : Red Belt (The Movie)

ksan
07-13-2008, 10:17 PM
YouTube - Redbelt Trailer

jcbel
07-14-2008, 12:33 AM
I didn't realize the "Toolman" was in the movie!

kidflash
07-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Is it about mma or about bjj? Looks nice anyway! Thanks!

ANTSAN
07-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Seems MMA movies are in fashion these days, first Never Back Down, now this... Judging by the trailer this one looks a bit cheesy, upon reading a review I think I'll skip watching it:

You can't believe how bad this movie is. I struggled for an hour trying to think of a worse movie, and couldn't. I mean, a worse movie EVER IN AN GENRE EVER.

If this movie was your first experience with cinema, you would think movies were a form of torture.

If had read this script sent to me by someone to read, I would have told them to stop writing, that they had no career in screenwriting.

Look, I know I say things like "Funniest post ever" or something all the time, but I am as serious as a heart attack now. I think this movie may become legendary in its awfulness, like Ishtar. There truly aren't words.

You almost need to see it for that reason. You won't believe what you are seeing. I had to take deep breaths the entire movie to calm myself and prevent myself from screaming things at the screen.

Someone asked me what the movie was about. I honestly couldn't answer. This movie hits on topics like a drunk driver careening off parked cars--randomly, glancingly, without regard for their care, and never stopping to fix the damage.

YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES AS YOU WATCH THIS.

It's not that its bad for an MMA movie. No no no no--this is the WORST MOVIE OF ANY KIND EVER MADE.

Source: Redbelt - Rudius Media Message Board (http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/showthread.php?t=21086)

Maybe Hollywood will do better with this one: Never Submit (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800144/)

I would however recommend people watch Kuro Obi :)

Osu

Dent
07-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Osu!

I would however recommend people watch Kuro Obi :)

That was one heck of a review, AntSan! :D

I'm going to miss that "Never Submit", based purely on having both Ken Shamrock and Josh Koscheck in there.

Osu!

ANTSAN
07-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Osu!

That was one heck of a review, AntSan! :D

I'm going to miss that "Never Submit", based purely on having both Ken Shamrock and Josh Koscheck in there.

Osu!

Indeed it was! I had a few laughs whilst reading it myself, he cerainly didnt hold back :p

Osu!

ksan
07-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I`ll try and watch it today, i`ll let you guys know what i think of it...

Osu

vapor
07-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Can't wait to hear your review ksan!!

vapor

Dent
07-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Osu!

I`ll try and watch it today, i`ll let you guys know what i think of it...

Still going to watch it after that review? A review that likened it to Ishtar?!

Very brave of you, Ksan. I will be waiting for that review too.

Osu!

ksan
07-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Ok, lets say that i was happy i didnt pay to see this movie....

vapor
07-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh...we need more than that!!!

vapor

Dent
07-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Osu!

Oh...we need more than that!!

Yes, Ksan. Did small dogs swell to ten times their normal size? Did your couch grow legs and run away? :D

Osu!

ksan
07-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Osu!

Yes, Ksan. Did small dogs swell to ten times their normal size? Did your couch grow legs and run away? :D

Osu!

All of the above... crappy acting, weirdo plot changes, weird story lines... strange ending....

vapor
07-15-2008, 05:46 PM
All of the above... crappy acting, weirdo plot changes, weird story lines... strange ending....

Kind of like my dreams recently!!

vapor

Dent
07-15-2008, 05:57 PM
Osu!

Kind of like my dreams recently!!

vapor

At least no admission paid for those either! :D

Osu!

Bloke
07-17-2008, 10:26 AM
I cant believe David Mamet is involved.

powerof0ne
07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
I think this movie made a good attempt at having a plot that wasn't so focused on the martial arts but there really wasn't as much martial arts in it as I expected. Another thing that's weird to me is Dan Inosanto plays "the professor", the red belt. It's weird because his sons are played by Brazilians in the movie, haha..oh well, at least they got someone with experience in BJJ to play "the professor"(Inasanto is also a black belt in BJJ). It's a nice attempt at showing a man's struggle with doing what's right versus the all mighty dollar. However, if you're expecting a martial art movie I wouldn't expect too much from this and it's misleading. From the previews you see Randy Couture and John Machado so are expecting more in terms of MMA/submission grappling/vale tudo/BJJ.
Never Back Down had more martial art material than this.