Female MMA Fighter (Cris Cyborg) Chokes out Reporter During Interview [Archive] - Kyokushin4life

View Full Version : Female MMA Fighter (Cris Cyborg) Chokes out Reporter During Interview

ksan
06-17-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVhEbTIExrk

@ 4:40 (orso)

kakatootoshi
06-17-2009, 08:42 PM
I do not know if there is something wrong during the translation but a pro doing that on a non-fighter unprovoked is a big no-no. And doing that on another fighter is even dangerous.

smoothsake
06-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Damn that was pretty scary.

Dent
06-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Osu!

I think she was having fun, and expecting a tap.

I also think that most amateur men would be hard pressed vs Cyborg. As much as I admire Carrano's efforts, I'll be surprised if Cyborg doesn't win this one.

Osu!

bobh
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
don't know if that was planned on either side.. but looked pretty stupid!

vapor
06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm wondering if it wasn't at least planned by her side....the translator was TOO quick to pop with the jabbing question about who he dreams about....(especially as you do not hear the question asked....a big no-no for a "translator"!! You don't get your own opinion!)

vapor

kakatootoshi
06-17-2009, 09:54 PM
It is like a Kyokushin fighter suddenly sweeps you to the floor or kicks you in the stomach without provoke.

bobh
06-17-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm wondering if it wasn't at least planned by her side....the translator was TOO quick to pop with the jabbing question about who he dreams about....(especially as you do not hear the question asked....a big no-no for a "translator"!! You don't get your own opinion!)

vapor

It is like a Kyokushin fighter suddenly sweeps you to the floor or kicks you in the stomach without provoke.

Looked like a stunt he was not ready for!

meguro
06-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Never turn your back to Chris Cyborg when you're having a conversation about choking!

powerof0ne
06-18-2009, 02:54 AM
Osu!

I think she was having fun, and expecting a tap.

I also think that most amateur men would be hard pressed vs Cyborg. As much as I admire Carrano's efforts, I'll be surprised if Cyborg doesn't win this one.

Osu!

I agree but Gina has surprised me a lot in fights. Cyborg is the female version of Wanderlei.

Also the choke was definitely done for fun....look before the reporter asks her about how long it takes somebody to tap she has a big grin on her face. No other time in the interview did she.