Tyson back [Archive] - Kyokushin4life

View Full Version : Tyson back

Ziyaad
07-15-2009, 06:01 AM
Osu-JP1
I saw in a local a week ago that tyson will be back, he will be fighting a serb boxer...
Is this true?
Anyone has some info about that?

Dent
07-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Osu!

Supposed to be true. http://www.411mania.com/boxing/news/109398/Tyson-to-Fight-in-Serbia-on-December-20.htm

Osu!

sokaiya
07-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Well God I hope not. It's painful seeing a guy who doesn't give a crap anymore & is out there to collect more paychecks.

Dent
07-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Osu!

Well God I hope not. It's painful seeing a guy who doesn't give a crap anymore & is out there to collect more paychecks.

I think he better give a crap, or this will be his last paycheck. And as it probably isn't a big one...

Osu!

kakatootoshi
07-15-2009, 02:12 PM
I am happy to see him fight (though I may not be interested in watching). He needs to make a living and this is his way of earning bread. Boxing is better than some other things that rumors had that he would do a while ago.

sokaiya
07-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Osu!

I think he better give a crap, or this will be his last paycheck. And as it probably isn't a big one...

Osu!

I seen his documentary where he admitted that after the Holyfield fights he hasn't given a damn, barely trained for any of the fights and admittedly only accepted the fights for pay days.

I am happy to see him fight (though I may not be interested in watching). He needs to make a living and this is his way of earning bread. Boxing is better than some other things that rumors had that he would do a while ago.

Hey, I'm one of the biggest Tyson fans and I'm delighted he has something where he can make a ton of money but I think that when you're a Sports Star where the fans pay to see you, you have an obligation to atleast give a damn.

kakatootoshi
07-15-2009, 02:50 PM
It always makes me wonder, if all those bad news (rape, ear biting) did not happen to Mike Tyson, what kind of status would Tyson have in the history of boxing right now?

Dent
07-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Osu!

It always makes me wonder, if all those bad news (rape, ear biting) did not happen to Mike Tyson, what kind of status would Tyson have in the history of boxing right now?

He could have been very highly regarded. But he is now known for his promise as a young man, and his derailing due to questionable influences.

Osu!

Bardock
07-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Well, Mike Tyson is a name everyone knows. And everyone knows he was/is a boxer. Though the average man in the street can name one fight (just that he bit the ear in one of them)

If he hadn't done all that "questionable" stuff, I'd say he'd become like a lot of great fighters nowadays. Have healthy ethical morals, and you'll probably be highly regarded in "your" environment, but still you'll never be a name everyone knows.

kakatootoshi
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Osu!

He could have been very highly regarded. But he is now known for his promise as a young man, and his derailing due to questionable influences.

Osu!

If he had met you earlier his life would have changed a lot. Fame has never gone to your head:)

Dent
07-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Osu!

If he had met you earlier his life would have changed a lot. Fame has never gone to your head:)

Not even when nominated for the Sexy Back Award! :cool:

Ok, maybe a little then..... :D

Osu!

kakatootoshi
07-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Osu!

Not even when nominated for the Sexy Back Award! :cool:

Ok, maybe a little then..... :D

Osu!

Sexiest back means most inviting for a mae geri.

sokaiya
07-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Well, Mike Tyson is a name everyone knows. And everyone knows he was/is a boxer. Though the average man in the street can name one fight (just that he bit the ear in one of them)

If he hadn't done all that "questionable" stuff, I'd say he'd become like a lot of great fighters nowadays. Have healthy ethical morals, and you'll probably be highly regarded in "your" environment, but still you'll never be a name everyone knows.

No, he was highly regarded and known by everyone without it. He drew fans because of his explosive fighting style and was already looked upon as the next great heir to challenge Marciano's record. (The last being Larry Holmes I believe). The only reason the ear biting bit is so powerful is because it was Mike Tyson and not the other way around.

Dent
07-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Osu!

Sexiest back means most inviting for a mae geri.

I think that target is a little lower! :D

Osu!

Bardock
07-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Sokaiya. Talk to kids nowadays to name on boxer. If they're able to name one, it'll be Tyson. Not knowing any bit of how he fought, he will still be the one they name. As an icon.

Personally, I knew nothing about Tyson until just a couple of years ago. You can be as great in the ring as you want and it'll make you famous, but it's what you do outside of it that makes you an icon.

OmarB
07-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm glad to hear this, as a kid before he went all crazy Tyson was one of my heroes. I would love to see him come back and have a successful run of like 5 or 6 fights then do what every great fighter should do, open a gym and help bring up the next generation of champs. If Tyson opened a gym I would be there no matter where it is, if only for a short while.

Ziyaad
07-16-2009, 06:58 AM
I saw him on a news paper and he was a bit fat.
Hope he started his training seriously to shape him well for the fight.