iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 09:32 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Kyokushin4life Blogs mary222 cross fit rules!

Rate this Entry

cross fit rules!

Posted 09-04-2008 at 07:25 PM by mary222
for the last 6months a small group from the dojo doing a cross fit trainning once week. my sensei told me about it a fes weeks ago but i wasnt to excited about it but after the third reminder of the adress n time fot the trainning i kindda got the hint that she wanted me to go...

first let me tell you what the place is like. it is call l'usine (french for factory) it is located in one of those old style industrial neiborhood. so i i am in my car trying to convince my self that it is going to be fun when a spot someone running in a really weird way. didnt give it much attention cause i was trying to find the place. But i saw a second runner after a second look i realise that it was someone carying a medecine ball and trying to run(it look so hard and painfull). This is when i ask my self what the *** have i put myself into. I love to train hard but from what i heard cross fit was so extrem that i didnt feel confident to try it.

anyway a just grinded my theet and went for it.
it was awsome!!!
it wasnt a traditional cross fit training cause the trainner decided to make it a team work we did a relai where everyone was doing a certain execise until everyone had achieve the assignement
here is the break down
1st round
the team does burpees until every player has achieve their sprint (it was actually imposible to sprint cause you where too tired from the burpees)around the block(approximately 2.5 min.) for you little genius it means 22.5min. of burpees plus a 2.5min sprint
2 min break
2nd round
everyone holds a hand stand against the wall until each player as complete 2 loaded farmer walks around the room.
2min break
3rd round
continuous sit ups while player achieve a tire flip (80lbs) across the room.
scrape your face from the floor and go home!

i love kyokushin cause of the unique way it plays with you mind while you train i could never get that feeling any other way. All i can say is that i fell in love again...
Total Comments 5

Comments

Old
Yeah they do some great stuff. I incorporate some of that in my home workouts along with stuff I get from RossTraining - Bridging The Gap Between Ordinary and Extraordinary
Old
Osu !!!!
Posted 09-08-2008 at 12:24 AM by grasshopper1486 grasshopper1486 is offline
Old
So in random news one of my friends has a friend who is opening a crossfit gym here. She wants me to do some art for her. I told her I will do the art for nothing if I can have a membership!

Old
Wow.. that sounds fantastic. You are so right when you say that the experiences we get in this kind of training just aren't possible to find in anything else. OSU!
Old
i also train crossfit, only once a week though...i'm finding it super beneficial for karate, can't believe how one hour a week has changed my life! every session is super tough and i'm always sore or stiff the next day and have really noticed an improvement in strength, explosiveness, power and endurance!

Recent Blog Entries by mary222