iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Kyokushin4life Blogs A journey of a thousand...

Everybody knows the saying about that first step... this blog is to document the travel.
I practice kyokushin again after 20 years; I was once 3rd kyu & opted to start at white belt.
The first milestone is to re-earn my rank, then, of course to attain shodan. Let's see where this will take us in the end.
Expect much frustration hand in hand with a study in humility as the inner battles have but a clear outcome...
I entered the dojo in June of 2009 on crutches; we are now in November and I have mostly regained use of my legs: time to get cracking!
Old

Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!

Posted 11-21-2009 at 12:14 AM by FredInChina
Updated 11-21-2009 at 02:16 AM by FredInChina
This is about self protection, but nope, no fancy secret moves, unassuming stances, joint locks or preemptive strikes... We are going to talk about finance: Money, cash, dough, investments, value, cash flows, income, etc... all things that absent can hurt you, your family, your friends, your neighbors and your future. The financial crisis is not over, you must understand it and take action to protect yourselves.

Banks are insolvent:
They were saved last year only by legalized...
Apprentice
Posted in Self Protection
Old

Pre Grading BS

Posted 11-16-2009 at 08:50 AM by FredInChina
Updated 11-16-2009 at 09:10 AM by FredInChina
People showing up 3 weeks before grading and hijacking the class to get themselves up to pace for their next belt piss me off!
Between end of August (last grading date) to early November, attendance in the dojo had steadily decreased --- until THAT Friday 2 weeks ago, when, to my surprise, the class was full; to a point where it was hard to move without bumping into someone. I wondered what was going on, was it one of those random events where suddenly everyone had the same idea to come...
Apprentice