iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Kyokushin4life General Discussion Knockdown Karate Kyokushin in the News 12 Year-old Kyokushin Green Belt fights on the world stage

Old 12-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #1
bobh
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kyokushin
bobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond repute
12 Year-old Kyokushin Green Belt fights on the world stage

Quote:
At 12, Christian Buffaloe has already earned his green belt - no easy task in the grueling, full-contact kyokushin karate style - and he fought his way to a rare spot in the World Kyokushin Youth Championships last month in Tokyo.
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/12/...next-door.html
Old 12-05-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Great article Bobh Thanks for sharing it!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
Deaken
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
Deaken is a name known to allDeaken is a name known to allDeaken is a name known to allDeaken is a name known to allDeaken is a name known to allDeaken is a name known to all
Great article. I was speaking with his dad at the Sayonara. We had met previously when both our boys were at the All American in 2010, although in different age groups. I think Christian is 7 years older than my son Caleb.

It's pretty amazing considering that Christian only has his dad to spar with. They don't have any other kids to work with.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:12 PM   #4
smoothsake

smoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to behold
Nice article. Christian is a good boy who has fought on the US circuit quite a bit (NY, LA) and now in Tokyo. I wish him the best and that he sticks with it.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #5
meguro
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Keyboard Jutsu
meguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond reputemeguro has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaken View Post
It's pretty amazing considering that Christian only has his dad to spar with. They don't have any other kids to work with.
Could be that sparring with an adult, rather than with kids, is a positive.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:08 PM   #6
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Org/Style: Ashihara Karate
ashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud of
Osu,

Thanks for the article and congrats to the Dad (Kenny Buffaloe) on his son's performance - kudo's to the teacher!!

Last edited by ashiharakaicho; 12-07-2011 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:59 AM   #7
jcarmello
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Hwe Dup Bap
jcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant futurejcarmello has a brilliant future
Christian is amazing young fighter and Karateka, it is great to see such a young fellow moving forward in such a positive way. His dad is a wonderful coach and his mom is a huge supporter of both.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:11 PM   #8
Lonewolf
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: n/a
Lonewolf is a jewel in the roughLonewolf is a jewel in the roughLonewolf is a jewel in the roughLonewolf is a jewel in the rough
Osu! Christian Buffaloe featured on C.B.S. TV Network News Program about the youth tournament in Japan last month.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/10319436/
Old 12-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #9
smoothsake

smoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to behold
Nice clip Lonewolf! Christian is a big man in a little boy's body. So mature. I wish him the best (oh, I already said that).
Old 12-09-2011, 05:24 AM   #10
kakatootoshi
良いお年を!

Org/Style: fumei
kakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond repute
Some highlights of the tournament from the show "Hapimo" of Chiba TV.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:11 PM   #11
juvee
New K4Ler

juvee is on a distinguished road
wow - he would whip my ass!
Old 12-21-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
Kurisu
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Shotput
Kurisu is on a distinguished road
I was a judge in his first fight. He was great, very nice technique and great spirit. He just lacked size (the kids were big in that division).

I will now disappear
Old 12-21-2011, 01:33 PM   #13
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
I was a judge in his first fight. He was great, very nice technique and great spirit. He just lacked size (the kids were big in that division).

I will now disappear
Great to see you here, Kurisu! Hope to hear more from you!

Osu!
Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #14
Mas
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO Matsushima
Mas is a glorious beacon of lightMas is a glorious beacon of lightMas is a glorious beacon of lightMas is a glorious beacon of lightMas is a glorious beacon of light
osu,

Very nice. Thank you for sharing.
Congrats to his father as well.

Osu

Last edited by Mas; 12-21-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #15
Lonewolf
Senior K4L Member

Lonewolf is a jewel in the roughLonewolf is a jewel in the roughLonewolf is a jewel in the roughLonewolf is a jewel in the rough
Osu! A video of Christian Buffaloe's 2nd Round match in the "2011 Kyokushin World Youth Championships" in Tokyo on November 3, 2011.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #16
Lonewolf
Senior K4L Member

Osu! An A.B.C. Network TV segment on Christian Buffaloe over the Christmas holiday season about his training & fighting in the "World Kyokushin Youth Championships"in Tokyo, and his special training under legendary Japanese Muay-Thai(Kickboxing) champion Toshio Fujiwara.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/olympic.../#/vid10533430
Old 01-07-2012, 05:12 AM   #17
gt79
New K4Ler

gt79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiharakaicho View Post
Osu,

Thanks for the article and congrats to the Dad (Kenny Buffaloe) on his son's performance - kudo's to the teacher!!

I agree with above said comment. It's terrific to see martial artists start at sucha young age, and with so much determination.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #18
Lonewolf
Senior K4L Member

Osu! Christian Buffaloe won 1st place in the youth division(11-12 Yrs. old Boy's) of the "2012 USWC Tournament" in Los Angeles on January 22nd. He also received the tournaments "Fighting Spirit" award for his determination in his final match against a strong Bulgarian youth fighter that went into 2 overtime rounds(most youth fights have only 1 overtime round).

UTB Marudashi(Japanese TV Network) featured the tournament in a special internet broadcast. Christian's 1st round fight is seen at the 6:37 mark of this video. He wins by Awase Ippon by Gedan Mawashi Geri(Low Kick).

Here is the video:

Last edited by Lonewolf; 02-29-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #19
Phoenix
New K4Ler

Org/Style: I.K.K.O
Phoenix is on a distinguished road
Awesome videos thanks for sharing. Uso!

I ALWAYS enjoy watching videos of kyokushin fights no only you enjoy them you learn something from them too.

Last edited by sandman; 04-21-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #20
GreenstoneHealth
K4L Member

Org/Style: Karate
GreenstoneHealth is on a distinguished road
Well done little champion !!! OSU