iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 09:40 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 01-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1
Mishima
K4L Member

Org/Style: WKO
Mishima is on a distinguished road
Tariel Nikoleishvili

Tariel Nikoleishvili - 生年月日
HEIGHT: 5 feet 8 inches (172cm)
WEIGHT: 193 lbs (88kg)
DATE OF BIRTH: April 6th, 1991
PLACE OF BIRTH: Georgia

Last edited by sokaiya; 07-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
kakatootoshi
良いお年を!

Org/Style: fumei
kakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishima View Post
This champ are incredible. He seems quite "small". Does anyone knows his height and weight?
Can the profile moderator add/edit a new profile?

From here:
http://10w-japan.dawing.com/index.php?主な外国人選手

Quote:
タリエル・ニコラシビリ Tariel Nikoleishvili

生年月日(Birthdate)/1991年4月6日
出身(Place of origin)/グルジア(Georgia)
身長(Height)/172cm 体重(Weight)/88kg
所属(Association)/ロシア支部(Russia Shibu) 段位(Grade)/初段(Shodan)
実績(Achievements)/08年国際青少年大会16歳17歳+75kg級優勝
2008 International Youth 16/17 +75kg Champion

10年第27回全日本ウェイト制軽重量級優勝
2010 The 27th All-Japan Weight Heavyweight Champion
   10年第42回全日本大会優勝
2010 The 42th All-Japan Champion
And of course 2011 The 10th World Tournament Champion
Old 04-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #3
NZStallion
K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
NZStallion will become famous soon enoughNZStallion will become famous soon enough
I fought him in the 2nd round of the world tournament, got dropped by a wissari, he didn't hit every hard but was very quick and accurate I couldn't keep up with his pace. He hit me with 3 successive shots in the solar plexus and I had no answer for it.

I honestly didn't think there was any way he could beat Tex but he has the heart of a lion was very impressive stuff to watch.

As for his size I'm 6'2 and 95kg and I felt small standing next to Artur, Lechi, Andrey stepin, Filiho and Tex, even though I'm relatively same sort of height/weight compared to them and I felt like I was far bigger than Tariel.

Last edited by NZStallion; 04-05-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
jcbel
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
jcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZStallion View Post
As for his size I'm 6'2 and 95kg and I felt small standing next to Artur, Lechi, Andrey stepin, Filiho and Tex, even though I'm relatively same sort of height/weight compared to them and I felt like I was far bigger than Tariel.
That's probably their reputations adding extra size, mate!
Old 06-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
SashaS
ウサギ

Org/Style: Kanreikai
SashaS is just really niceSashaS is just really niceSashaS is just really niceSashaS is just really niceSashaS is just really nice
Some facts from interviews with him (in Russian):

- he was 20 when he became the champion last year

- the most difficult fight was the semi-final with Kapanadze because they trained a lot together and knew each other's strengths and weaknesses, and he had not fully recovered by the beginning of the final fight

- started training (in judo) when he was 5

- became Russia's Kyokushin champion at the age of 17.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
Boaretto
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: KWF
Boaretto will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZStallion View Post
I fought him in the 2nd round of the world tournament, got dropped by a wissari, he didn't hit every hard but was very quick and accurate I couldn't keep up with his pace. He hit me with 3 successive shots in the solar plexus and I had no answer for it.

I honestly didn't think there was any way he could beat Tex but he has the heart of a lion was very impressive stuff to watch.

If we see more accurately, note, he had some reasons to win or beat Teixeira:

_ with 1,72 cm of height and 88 kg, he is strong and compact, properly to absorve the blows of someone more stronger.
_ Still with this height/weight, he is fast.
_ The russian way of training is known as hard.

Quote:
This reminds me when Andrews Nakahara beat Teixeira in the All America Open 2006 (?).
Old 02-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
SashaS
ウサギ

SashaS is just really niceSashaS is just really niceSashaS is just really niceSashaS is just really niceSashaS is just really nice
Just came across this video - Tariel at least 2 years before becoming the world champion. Inspiring.

Lost that fight by weight comparison.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:49 AM   #8
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Good find Sasha

I like how his opponent recieves the kick to his front leg and immediately delivers a mawashi ushiro geri with the other leg - very interesting strategy to set that up, I think a lot of opponents might be caught by surprise with that

As for Tariel - he definitely does not have the most aesthetically pleasing fighting style - but what he's doing works!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #9
SashaS
ウサギ

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
As for Tariel - he definitely does not have the most aesthetically pleasing fighting style - but what he's doing works!
I love watching this guy. As mentioned above, "he has the heart of a lion" and it shows in his approach, however it looks aesthetically.

Osu, Sandman! thank you for the kind word.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #10
slaine
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: kyokushin
slaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
There's no denying his fighting ability and his heart ( you don't become world champion by training once in a blue moon ) but I'm with Sandman on this his style is difficult to watch .
Old 02-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #11
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaine View Post
There's no denying his fighting ability and his heart ( you don't become world champion by training once in a blue moon ) but I'm with Sandman on this his style is difficult to watch .
Funny how we each are. I like the basic way.

Osu!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:08 PM   #12
slaine
Senior K4L Member

slaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Osu!

Funny how we each are. I like the basic way.

Osu!
Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of flashy fighters either I much prefer the basic style of fighting myself theres just something about Tariels frenetic bouncing around that I don't like , but hey it works for him .
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #13
Dent
Senior Moderator

Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan of flashy fighters either I much prefer the basic style of fighting myself theres just something about Tariels frenetic bouncing around that I don't like , but hey it works for him .
I think that's an age issue. He's already doing less of that.

Osu!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #14
slaine
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Osu!

I think that's an age issue. He's already doing less of that.

Osu!
Yeah maybe , everybody needs time to grow into their fighting style .
Old 02-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #15
Dent
Senior Moderator

Osu!

Quote:
Yeah maybe , everybody needs time to grow into their fighting style .
I think someone like Gary O'Neill will always have some bounce, while Kazumi Hajime has a very grounded style. I think Nikoleishvili will move toward the Kazumi style as he gains a little weight.

Osu!
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
Nitekon
New K4Ler

Org/Style: Iko1
Nitekon will become famous soon enough
Does anyone know if Tariel is fighting in the world weight catagory tournament this year? It seems he's been quiet since the world open.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
SashaS
ウサギ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitekon View Post
Does anyone know if Tariel is fighting in the world weight catagory tournament this year? It seems he's been quiet since the world open.
Couldn't find any info on that online - and asked him on FB. Not sure if he'll respond, but if he does - I'll post here.
Osu!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #18
Nitekon
New K4Ler

Ok great, thanks. It'll be interesting to see where he goes from here. Osu
Old 04-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #19
SashaS
ウサギ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitekon View Post
Just got a brief response from him today: "most likely I won't".
Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #20
Nitekon
New K4Ler

Wow what a bummer. I didn't see him in the,draw when I looked recently. I wander if and when he'll compete again. Thanks for that