iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Kyokushin4life Trainings Books, Videos and DVDs Kyokushin Books - from Japan (Ashiharakaicho's Collection)

Old 02-28-2012, 04:55 PM   #101
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Org/Style: Ashihara Karate
ashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksan View Post
There are 4. 3 items numbered 1-3 i think and a 4th named "Kyokushinkai with oponents" I have them all 4 but i dont like them. (have two copies of the 4th)
I have Book 2 & 3 as well as the one "met tegenstanders" - so it seems that I am missing the No.1 book. I personally too did not think it was good at all.

Quote:
It used to be easier to find david cook books, but recently there is a singer in the USA named David Cook and the first million hits on Google are about him....
Wow, that makes it difficult. I'm fortunate - generally just type in Hoosain on google and there should be references of me on the first page ...

Old 02-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #102
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredInChina View Post
Great advice from a production floor grunt!

Osu!
I'm here to help

Old 02-29-2012, 11:14 AM   #103
ksan
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kicky & Punchy
ksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiharakaicho View Post
I am missing the No.1 book.

Lmao, now i cant find mine either but i checked and the number one has the taikyoku`s and some pinan in it and i am sure i had that one. Must check some boxes in the attic
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #104
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

ashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud of
Quote:
Lmao, now i cant find mine either but i checked and the number one has the taikyoku`s and some pinan in it and i am sure i had that one. Must check some boxes in the attic
The one against opponents has the kata you mention - I tried to find reference to the first book, but no luck. But in the foreword he states that in the "fourth and last edition" ... I see that he trained with Shihan Hedwig Lobman who competed in the early Kyokushin world champs.

Fortunately my kyokushin related library is on shelves and recently I could also unpack a couple of hundred of my other Budo books. Will have to wait until the dojo is completed and my office is done, then I will have a special space to unpack them all.

Yesterday I bought at least 200 Budo books from a colleague who has to move. Still busy sorting them out - there are a few kyokushin books, but those will be extra copies. Excited at being able to add to my collection and I got it for relatively cheap - just under $500. It includes Mas Oyama's Karate School (Essential Karate), Vital Karate, Steve Arneil's Modern Karate, Kung Fu Karate Samourai by Lesourd and others.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #105
knuckleheader
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: none
knuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Yesterday I bought at least 200 Budo books from a colleague who has to move. Still busy sorting them out - there are a few kyokushin books, but those will be extra copies. Excited at being able to add to my collection and I got it for relatively cheap - just under $500. It includes Mas Oyama's Karate School (Essential Karate), Vital Karate, Steve Arneil's Modern Karate, Kung Fu Karate Samourai by Lesourd and others.

Congratulations on this latest score.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #106
ksan
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kicky & Punchy
ksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

Sweet, very nice addition to the collection....

Old 03-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #107
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheader View Post
Congratulations on this latest score.
and

Quote:
Sweet, very nice addition to the collection....
Thank you to both - very happy that I was able to get this collection at such a bargain. Was busy sorting them out earlier today - will post a picture of it soon.

Just got to figure out where all those that I don't have will fit in - the extras will go into the roof.

Still need to get a few kyokushin ones to augment the collection, but hopefully with time to come I will be able to.

Old 03-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #108
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

This was the collection that I acquired ...

Old 03-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #109
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

I see a familiar face right in the middle of the bottom row!!!

Osu!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #110
SKohai
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Kyokushin-IKO1
SKohai will become famous soon enoughSKohai will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Osu!

I see a familiar face right in the middle of the bottom row!!!

Osu!
I cant seem to see any faces even after zooming 10x into the picture.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:11 PM   #111
Dent
Senior Moderator

Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKohai View Post
I cant seem to see any faces even after zooming 10x into the picture.
Not your fault, SKohai. I'm much older than you.

Osu!
Old 03-19-2012, 04:13 PM   #112
SKohai
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Kyokushin-IKO1
SKohai will become famous soon enoughSKohai will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Osu!

Not your fault, SKohai. I'm much older than you.

Osu!
seriously? just out of curiousity, who do you see in the picture?
Old 03-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #113
Dent
Senior Moderator

Osu!

Well, up on the right is Sosai on the cover of FAI; Hans Petermann is on the bottom right; I think that's Sugar Ray Leonard on the boxing book, but I was talking about AshiharaKaicho himself, doing a back spin jumping kick.

I didn't blow up the picture at all though.

Osu!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #114
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Osu!

Well, up on the right is Sosai on the cover of FAI; Hans Petermann is on the bottom right; I think that's Sugar Ray Leonard on the boxing book, but I was talking about AshiharaKaicho himself, doing a back spin jumping kick.

I didn't blow up the picture at all though.

Osu!
Don't forget Bruce Lee on the green book, 2nd row from the bottom
Old 03-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #115
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Quote:
Osu! Well, up on the right is Sosai on the cover of FAI; Hans Petermann is on the bottom right; I think that's Sugar Ray Leonard on the boxing book, but I was talking about AshiharaKaicho himself, doing a back spin jumping kick. I didn't blow up the picture at all though. Osu!
Thanks for the plug-in ... SKohai - the Taekwondo book at the bottom features myself and students. I assisted in redoing the book for the Publishers. The Jui Jitsu book (purplish cover) on the right features Erik Petermann, my teacher and my student - (we've been teaching each other).

Sandman, how can we forget the great Bruce Lee - I was inspired by the guy ... Dent, also got two old books of Jack Dempsey as part of that collection:
1. Massacre in the Sun by Dempsey & others
2. The Jack Dempsey Story by Gene Schoor

Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 AM   #116
Dent
Senior Moderator

Osu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
Don't forget Bruce Lee on the green book, 2nd row from the bottom
You're right, Sandman. Funny, just never a big fan of his.

Quote:
Dent, also got two old books of Jack Dempsey as part of that collection:
1. Massacre in the Sun by Dempsey & others
2. The Jack Dempsey Story by Gene Schoor
Ah, Dempsey. Now there's good value!

Osu!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #117
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Quote:
Ah, Dempsey. Now there's good value!Osu!
The last few months have tied up most of my free time - some training, the ops and what had taken up lots of my time was the electoral preparation which has brought its dividends ...

Yesterday and today was the first time that I could start doing some real web work myself so hopefully now I can get back into doing some of the things that I need to focus on like more serious reading and so on.

The Dempsey books looks really interesting.

Old 04-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #118
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

Prior to my departure, bought another collection of some 70 old magazines and some books which included Bill Burgar's kata book. It was fun rereading those mags many which I have The one with Kiyoshi Yamazaki had me practising Sanchin and Tensho for a long time to try to get lats like his. ...

Old 05-25-2012, 10:17 PM   #119
Sanshou_Jae
Banned

Org/Style: ?
Sanshou_Jae will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Osu,

My current Kyokushin and related styles list of books in my library ...

Author Book
Adamy, Istvan- Kyokushin Karate I
Adamy, Istvan- Kyokushin Karate II
Adamy, Istvan- Kyokushin Karate III
Adamy, Istvan- The Big Kyokushin Kata Book
Arneil, Steve- Kyokushin Karate Vol.2 Grading Syllabus For 10-9 Kyu Book
Arneil, Steve- Kyokushin Karate Kata
Arneil, Steve & Dowler, Bryan- Modern Karate
Arneil, Steve & Dowler, Bryan- Better Karate
Arneil, Steve & Keaveney, Liam- Teach Yourself Karate
Artan, Necef & Lowe, Bobby- The Young Lion's Of Mas Oyama's Kyokushin Karate Headquarters
Ashihara, Hidenori & Kozima, Kazushi- Ashihara Hideyuki, my father - the soul
Ashihara, Hidenori- Ashihara Hideyuki, to the people who love karate
Ashihara, Hideyuki- Street Fight Karate 1
Ashihara, Hideyuki- Street Fight Karate 2
Ashihara, Hideyuki- Street Fight Karate 3
Ashihara, Hideyuki- Susurai Karate 1
Ashihara, Hideyuki- Susurai Karate 2
Ashihara, Hideyuki- Fighting Karate
Ashihara, Hideyuki- More Fighting Karate
Ashihara, Hideyuki- Karate, Een Nieuwe Benadering
Ashihara, Hideyuki- Life Story
Ashihara, K Magazine- no. 73 October 2004
Ashihara, Nippon Sports Mook- Ashihara's Autobiography
Ashihara, Tsuba Books & Bjerrekaer, J- The Word of Life
Azuma, Takashi- Susurai Karate
Azuma, Takashi- Daidojuku: Fighting Combinations 1
Azuma, Takashi- Daidojuku: Fighting Combinations 2
Azuma, Takashi- What is Kudo?
Bluming, Jon- The History of Jon Bluming - Van straatschoffie to 10e Dan
Bluming, Jon & Kurosaki, Kenji- Kyokushinkai Karate 2
Brunekreef, Willem- The Golden Kyokushin and K-1 Encyclopaedia
Collins, Howard- The Absolute Karate - Applications of Kyokushin
Collins, Howard- The Kyokushin Knockdown Karate Book
Collins, Howard- The Gateway
Collins, Howard- The Shodan
Cook, David C.- Power Karate 1
Cook, David C.- Power Karate 2
Cook, David C.- Mas Oyama's Kyokushin Karate
Cook, David C.- Power Karate Vol.3
Fitkin, Brian- Kyokushinkai Karate Kata Book
Fitkin, Brian- Kyokushin Kata
Gartner, Jens- Karate Kata- Kyokushinkai und Seidokaikan
Gilbert, Andre- Le Karate Kyokushin
Goda, Yuzo- Kyokushin Karate Nyumon (Japanese)
Godschalk, Herman- Kyokushin-kai met tegenstanders - Mas Oyama's technieken
Godschalk, Herman- Kyokushin-Kai Karate 2
Godschalk, Herman- Kyokushin-Kai Karate 3
Grimstahl, Johny- Karate Kyokushinkai: Groundtekniker
Hasegawa, Kazuyuki- Karate That Anyone Can Do
Hirohara, Makoto- Shintaiikudo Mukyoku
Hollander, Loek- Kyokushin Karate
Ishii, Kazuyoshi- Seidokaikan Karate
Ishii, Kazuyoshi- A Life of a Super Karate Fanatic
Jarvis, John- Kurosaki Killed the Cat
Kazumi, Hajime- Kyokushin Karate - Challenge and Victory
Kazumi, Hajime & Iwasaki, Tatsuya- Shinseki Real Karate Bible
Kazumi, Hajime- Mono no funo Chi (blood)
Klapatauskas, Paulius- Kihon - Kyokushin Karate Basics
Kojima, Kazushi- Kakutogo Sogo Training
Lesourd, Roger- Kung-Fu Karate Samurai
Lorden, Michael J- Oyama, The Legend, The Legacy
Lorden, Mike- Practical Self-Defense - Effective Techniques for Staying Safe
Lowe, Bobby- Mas Oyama's Karate
Lowe, Bobby- Kyokushin Karate Self Defence Techniques
Muller, Ruud & de Bruin, Jan- Kyokushin Kihon Book - Basic Motions for All Kyokushin Karateka
Maki, Hisao- Kenka no Tejun (Procedures for Fighting)
Masuda, Akira- Live as a Warrior
Mastsumiya, Kousei- The Strongest Martial Arts Private File 2
Nakamura, Tadashi- Karate Kyohon
Nakamura, Tadashi- Karate:Technique And Spirit
Nakamura, Tadashi -One Day One Lifetime
Nakamura, Tadashi- The Human Face Of Karate
Narker, Hoosain- My Karate Odyssey
Ninomiya, Joko & Zorensky, Ed- My Journey in Karate - the Sabaki Way
Ninomiya, Joko & Zorensky, Ed- Sabaki Method: Karate In the Inner Circle
Ninomiya, Joko & Zorensky, Ed- Karate Enshin Method
Nishiyama, Toru- Ashihara Karate Jissen Sabaki & Manga & DVD
Nobuhiro, Teruo- Goshin Kakumei - SD Tornado Nyumon 16 steps
Nygren, Hakan- Karate - Tavling & Coaching
Oishi, Daigo- Kicks of Muramasa
Oishi, Daigo- Kyokushin Karate Oishi Dojo
Oyama, Masutatsu- What Is Karate
Oyama, Masutatsu- This Is Karate
Oyama, Masutatsu- Advanced Karate
Oyama, Masutatsu- The Kyokushin Way
Oyama, Masutatsu- Vital Karate
Oyama, Masutatsu- Essential Karate
Oyama, Masutatsu- Mas Oyama's Complete Karate Course
Oyama, Masutatsu- Karate School
Oyama, Masutatsu- Karate (Dutch ed)
Oyama, Masutatsu- Mastering Karate
Oyama, Masutatsu- The Strongest Karate Photo Album (1st World Tourney)
Oyama, Masutatsu- Der Kyokushin Karate Weg
Oyama, Masutatsu- Kyokushin Karate Basics (Jap)
Oyama, Masutatsu- Karate for Million People
Oyama, Masutatsu- Kyokushin Karate Kaoru Takagi
Oyama, Masutatsu- Hibi Kensan Kyokushin Karate
Oyama, Shigeru & Oyama, Y & Miura M- Perfect Karate
Oyama, Yasuhiko- OH! OH! Karate
Perez, Fernando- Kyokushin Karate Tradicio y evolucion en busca de la eficacia
Perry, Frank- The Complete Karate Handbook
Pinero, Antonio- Kyokushinkai Karate
Quinn Cameron- The Budo Karate Of Mas Oyama
Royama, Hatsuo- Gokui: Hatsuo Royama's Secret Principles of Karate
Royama, Hatsuo- Kensan: Hatsuo Royama's Secret Principles of Karate
Royama, Hatsuo- Budo Graphic - Tenchi Ikken - The Dawn of a New Kyokushin
Royama, Hatsuo & Okazaki, Hiroshi- Karate Towa Nanika (Learn Karate from Kata book)
Samarizija, Zonko- Kyokushinkai Karate Kata Book
Sancho, Armand- Karate Do Kyokushinkai vol 1 - Tecnica, Kata, aplicaciones
Sancho, Armand- Karate Do Kyokushinkai vol 2 - Tecnica superior, Kata, Kumite
Satake, Masake- Kick Straight
Soeno, Yoshiji- Do Sports: Shidokan Karate
Sujoto, J.B.- Teknik Oyama Karate: Kihon, Kata, Kumite
Sulaiman, Hussein- The Principles and Basics Of Karate
Sulaiman, Hussein- Karate and Self Defence
Sulaiman, Hussein- The Ultimate Karate and Self Defense
Szeligowski, Piotr- Traditional Kyokushin Karate - Budo and Knockdown Fighting
Taylor, John- Kyokushin Kata Book - From Beginner to Black Belt
Van Der Nieuwendijk, Simon- Katas: Karate, Kenpo, Kobudo
Wedel, Michel- Kyokushin Karate-Training And Fighting
Yamaki, Kenji- Kyokushin Karate Kenji Yamaki
Yigit, Nihat- Goshin - New Self Defence System
Yigit, Nihat- Sayokan Goshinkaikan - Aybar El Kitabi
Yigit, Nihat- Sayokan Goshinkaikan - Egitim Formasyonu

I am expecting at least another 30 books in non English on Kyokushin. Once I get that, I will add it to this list and update.

Very impressive...!!!!

A few of these books are quite hard to get a hold of...!!!

Old 05-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #120
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanshou_Jae View Post
Very impressive...!!!! A few of these books are quite hard to get a hold of...!!!
Thank you - just years of searching and lots of hard work in trying to obtain copies of books or even just in learning about them. That list has been augmented by a number of new ones ...

Thanks to KakatoOtoshi who keeps us informed of the latest releases, it is a great help. But generally I check on Amazon.jp or even Yahoo.jp for Japanese books.

What is difficult is that I would prefer technique books and one does not know until it arrives whether it is just of an biographical nature or not.

Last night was busy on Amazon and got another batch in my shopping cart - just need to work out the logistics of getting it here as Amazon does not ship all books to South Africa and it has been a rather costly process ... But Vapor has been of great assistance in that regard as had KakatoOtoshi and others.

Last edited by ashiharakaicho; 05-26-2012 at 12:53 PM.