iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 09:12 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Monkey
K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK in the UK
Monkey will become famous soon enough
Osu K4l!

Hi all,

Iím Phil, and I thought it was about time I jumped on into this Forum, itís certainly insightful and is a great ambassador for Kyokushin Karate, OSU!

I started training in Kyokushin 24 years ago and Iím a 2nd Dan, Iíve done knockdown/WUKO/Clicker over the years, I also trained in Aikido for about 18 months in my mid-twenties (Iím now 37).

I had a hip replacement 3 years ago , Iíve had to adapt some of my training, and thereís always the concern there could be a problem around the corner, but so far so good !

I work from home in the South East of England, and Iím married with young children, so I face the usual training juggle most of us deal with!

Looking forward to being part of the Forum.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
vapor
‹ber Mod

Org/Style: IKO1
vapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for coming through and starting this intro thread!
Glad to have you here!
Osu! from Tokyo!!

vapor

Old 04-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
kanku
member k4l drinking club

Org/Style: IKKU
kanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant future
Welcome Monkey!

I had both hips resurfaced at Epsom.. They`re looking at my knees now i know what you went through with that! I can understand how you can train but do you ever get problems stretching, i had problems when i tried extreme stretching but the pain went away after about four days.

Anyway Phil as we are in the same sort of area perhaps we might be able to work together in the future..Spike has already offered, for the benefit of K4l and knockdown karate in general?

Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Bloke
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: n/a
Bloke is just really niceBloke is just really niceBloke is just really niceBloke is just really niceBloke is just really nice
Welcome to the Forums Phil.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Welcome from the USA!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
ksan
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kicky & Punchy
ksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to K4L from The Netherlands...

Osu

Old 04-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
seienchin
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Nil
seienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond reputeseienchin has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome from Australia. Glad you finally stepped out of the shadows!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
kyokushin4life
Administrator

Org/Style: One Ring
kyokushin4life has disabled reputation
Welcome to the forum. I hope that you enjoy yourself here.
One Ring

Old 04-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #9
bobh
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kyokushin
bobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome! I'm glad that thread brought you into the active fold. I'm sure you'll continue to enjoy yourself. Osu!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
FredInChina
Apprentice

Org/Style: IOGKF,Kyokushin
FredInChina has disabled reputation
Osu,

Welcome from China Monkey; great post in "The Big Flaw" BTW

OSu!

Old 04-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
knuckleheader
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: none
knuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the rough
Osu! welcome...............

Old 04-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
Lowlander
K4L Member

Org/Style: Enshin
Lowlander will become famous soon enough
Welcome!! New to K4L maybe but certainly a veteran karateka! I'm sure you will enjoy your time here immensely. Osu!

Old 04-14-2012, 12:07 AM   #13
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Org/Style: Ashihara Karate
ashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud of
Osu,

Welcome from Cape Town, South Africa.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #14
Monkey
K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanku View Post
Welcome Monkey!

I had both hips resurfaced at Epsom.. They`re looking at my knees now i know what you went through with that! I can understand how you can train but do you ever get problems stretching, i had problems when i tried extreme stretching but the pain went away after about four days.

Anyway Phil as we are in the same sort of area perhaps we might be able to work together in the future..Spike has already offered, for the benefit of K4l and knockdown karate in general?
Cheers Kanku, , I don't know why but knees sound so much more painful than the hip, you'll be half man, half machine ! I'm sure I won't be far behind, only a question of time for my other hip!

I take it easier stretching than I used to, which is fine as I'm not trying to increase my flexibility; only maintain it. Can do jodans but quantity repetitions of them don't go down to well, specially on alternate legs, and I gracelly bow out of the tobis! Have you had to stop doing certain techniques or are you 'as good as new'?

Old 04-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #15
Monkey
K4L Member

Thanks for welcome all. OSU!

Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #16
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Osu! Thanks again for your introduction Monkey. As we have a time limit on Intro threads I'll be closing this one. Will look forward to seeing you elsewhere in the forums

Last edited by sandman; 04-14-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Closed Thread