iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Kyokushin4life Knockdown Karate Events Events Finder Europe [IFK] BKK British Regional 16/6/2012 England

Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
epking1
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK/BKK
epking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to all
BKK British Regional 16/6/2012 England

The BKK are now pleased to announce the full details for the annual BKK Regional Knockdown Tournament 2012.

They will this year as per the Open category open up the BKK "Novice" category's to fighters from all organisations and associations.

This years tournament will include a Cadet 16-17 category. (closed to BKK only)

They will be adhering to strict guidelines as to what qualifies as "Novice" to keep the Novice category fair.

Men -70/-80/+80
Women -60/+60

The tournament will be on June 16th at
Edgbarrow Sports Centre
Grant Road
Edgbarrow
Berkshire
RG45 7JL

For more information please contact Shihan Liam Keaveney
liam.keaveney@btinternet.com
Old 04-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Bloke
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: n/a
Bloke is a jewel in the roughBloke is a jewel in the roughBloke is a jewel in the roughBloke is a jewel in the rough
[suckup] Another great Poster Epking [/suckup]
Old 04-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud ofsandman has much to be proud of
Already got it approved on the calendar epking1 - thanks for the submission (tried to rep you but I ran out of reps...)

...and fantastic poster by the way!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
kanku
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: K.S.K
kanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud of
On behalf of K4l and those who attended the "K4l friendship initiative" at K2 last year i would like to thank the BKK for this giant leap forward for knockdown in the U.K.

We now have the IKK tournament open to novices, the Scottish Open (Jointly run already) and now the regionals open to U.K novices.

Bringing on fighters has been a problem, now novices who are ready at different stages of the year have places to go and progress to the senior level ( if they so wish ) a lot quicker and with greater options.

We hope to have more informal talks after the regionals to cement matters further.

I would like to thank everybody who attended the meet at K2 for all of their hard work, you know who you are without me naming everybody.

It just goes to show that when forward thinking honourable people meet and talk in the spirit of friendship and for the benefit of knockdown uk, things can happen

Things are starting to look a lot more rosy in the U.K

Who is going to the regionals?

Last edited by kanku; 04-14-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Monkey
K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK in the UK
Monkey will become famous soon enough
Opening up the novice category to all styles is great news, does anyone know what the new guidelines are for Novice entries?

I won't be on the mat, but I should be there.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
kanku
Senior K4L Member

kanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud ofkanku has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
Opening up the novice category to all styles is great news, does anyone know what the new guidelines are for Novice entries?

I won't be on the mat, but I should be there.
Osu Monkey!

Normally three fights as a novice, then senior.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:06 AM   #7
Monkey
K4L Member

Thanks Kanku , but I probably should've been clearer with my question !

Apart from the novice category being opened up has anything else changed? The post mentioned 'strict guidelines' regarding what a 'novice' is, I just wondered whether the definition of novice has changed, I imagine that with the category opening up to other organisations it may (?) now be more complicated that the usual 3 knockdown fights then you're heading for the Open.

OSU.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:20 AM   #8
kanku
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Thanks Kanku , but I probably should've been clearer with my question !

Apart from the novice category being opened up has anything else changed? The post mentioned 'strict guidelines' regarding what a 'novice' is, I just wondered whether the definition of novice has changed, I imagine that with the category opening up to other organisations it may (?) now be more complicated that the usual 3 knockdown fights then you're heading for the Open.

OSU.
I might be wrong but i see this as a warning to everybody that it is opening up to that they rightly will not tolerate cheats and they are issuing this warning in case anybody from anywhere was thinking of "slipping" somebody in.

I have spoken to the IKK and KSK and Charnwood karate about the BKK opening up and believe me they all have too much respect for the BKK and what it stands for to even consider this. If this is a warning, i think it is aimed at groups who are unsure about what a novice is.

Just my opinion, i might be wrong.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
senshido
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: KSK
senshido is just really nicesenshido is just really nicesenshido is just really nicesenshido is just really nicesenshido is just really nice
I'm pretty certain you are correct Kanku
Old 04-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
Rocket
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK
Rocket will become famous soon enoughRocket will become famous soon enough
Now that there is more comps for a novice to enter, do you not think we should be thinking about changing what constitutes a novice, I would think 3 tournaments in your own organization and 1 in an alternative would still be ok, Im only concerned for A) myself and B) people that might breeze through say IKK open, Scottish Open, BKK Regional and then be thrown straight in at the deep at say The British Open in less than a year of fighting as opposed to IKK, Scottish, British Regional, British Open, IKK Or Scottish and then be ready to move onto the actual Open events.

Just my two cents anyway.

OSU!
Old 04-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
kanku
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Now that there is more comps for a novice to enter, do you not think we should be thinking about changing what constitutes a novice, I would think 3 tournaments in your own organization and 1 in an alternative would still be ok, Im only concerned for A) myself and B) people that might breeze through say IKK open, Scottish Open, BKK Regional and then be thrown straight in at the deep at say The British Open in less than a year of fighting as opposed to IKK, Scottish, British Regional, British Open, IKK Or Scottish and then be ready to move onto the actual Open events.

Just my two cents anyway.

OSU!
Osu Rocket!

What has been discussed is "b" catagory knockdown tournaments after passing through the novice stage, these tournaments would be aimed at the average Joe Soap who has to go to work the next day and doesn`t fancy getting creamed by one of the "top dogs" This would encourage more people to have a go with people of their own standard.

It`s just my opinion but i think the "novice rules" as they stand are fair enough, you can pick your three fights to suit yourself, over a reasonable time span you see fit but everybody has to play the game.

The additional facility of more novice opens means people can fight more or less when they are ready rather than having to wait long periods of time within their own associations which we are very pleased about.

Perhaps the "b" knockdowns might help people in your situation until they feel they either want to progress, or are just happy staying in the "b" catagory?

This as i say has only been discussed in an informal manner but i can see this coming about sometime in the future if everybody keeps on talking, as i have said before things are looking rosy at the moment!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #12
Monkey
K4L Member

Osu!

Sounds like some great work has been going on behind the scenes, some of these ideas should certainly increase the opportunity for tournament participation at all levels.

I'm just thinking out loud here, and as you said it's early days, I like the idea of another category but I guess you'd still need to move people out of the 'b' category after a certain volume of fights (or based on what placings they achieve perhaps) -otherwise consistent 'b' category fighters would become very experienced, destroy their opponents, and there's a risk they wouldn't push for the next level (i.e. full open).

I'm waiting for a 'should know better, you're body can't do that anymore' category!

Does anyone know how Cadet fights are categorised, do they go from Cadet to Novice, or is it Cadet to Open?

Osu.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
kanku
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Osu!

Sounds like some great work has been going on behind the scenes, some of these ideas should certainly increase the opportunity for tournament participation at all levels.

I'm just thinking out loud here, and as you said it's early days, I like the idea of another category but I guess you'd still need to move people out of the 'b' category after a certain volume of fights (or based on what placings they achieve perhaps) -otherwise consistent 'b' category fighters would become very experienced, destroy their opponents, and there's a risk they wouldn't push for the next level (i.e. full open).

I'm waiting for a 'should know better, you're body can't do that anymore' category!

Does anyone know how Cadet fights are categorised, do they go from Cadet to Novice, or is it Cadet to Open?

Osu.
Osu Monkey!

I am already a member of the "your body cant do that anymore" category....It`s called the "Pub" catagory!

Again early days but i expect better brains than mine will think of a way of policing the "b" category if and when it happens.

Last edited by kanku; 04-17-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:22 AM   #14
FredInChina
Apprentice

Org/Style: Kyokushin
FredInChina has disabled reputation
Quote:
(...) I'm waiting for a 'should know better, you're body can't do that anymore' category! (...)
LOL... let's hope you won't have to wait too long

Osu
Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #15
ksan
Walking Zen

Org/Style: Kicky & Punchy
ksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanku View Post
I am already a member of the "your body cant do that anymore" category....It`s called the "Pub" catagory!
Hello fellow member. I hereby officially invite you to our supportgroupmeetings. They are every friday from 17.00 - 18.00. Tea and coffee are free all other beverages are 1 euro each. Location is the "Pub" nearest to you and the password to get in is "Happy Hour". We hope to see you there.

Osu
Old 04-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #16
kanku
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksan View Post
Hello fellow member. I hereby officially invite you to our supportgroupmeetings. They are every friday from 17.00 - 18.00. Tea and coffee are free all other beverages are 1 euro each. Location is the "Pub" nearest to you and the password to get in is "Happy Hour". We hope to see you there.

Osu
Osu Ksan!

When i get my own time machine the first stop will be Holland!
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #17
tmd
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKK
tmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to behold
All great news Just coming back from a well deserved rest (rest!!!- I got about 30 hours sleep all week!!) in Tenerife with 23 fellow members of the IKK to see the poster - great work as ever EPKing. The inclusion of the Novice being confirmed as discussed is fantastic.

From what I understand the Cadet fights do not count as Novice fights so you can do plenty of fights below 18 then still have 3 Novices to do before entering the Open....so the sooner you start....

I take Rockets point about maybe making it more than 3 Novices but I think there is a different way to view things. There are now more tournaments available to all and some are entered by the 'Top Guns', some aren't so there is still the possibility to test yourself post Novice without facing a seasoned champion in the first round of your first ever Open.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #18
kanku
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmd View Post
All great news Just coming back from a well deserved rest (rest!!!- I got about 30 hours sleep all week!!) in Tenerife with 23 fellow members of the IKK to see the poster - great work as ever EPKing. The inclusion of the Novice being confirmed as discussed is fantastic.

From what I understand the Cadet fights do not count as Novice fights so you can do plenty of fights below 18 then still have 3 Novices to do before entering the Open....so the sooner you start....

I take Rockets point about maybe making it more than 3 Novices but I think there is a different way to view things. There are now more tournaments available to all and some are entered by the 'Top Guns', some aren't so there is still the possibility to test yourself post Novice without facing a seasoned champion in the first round of your first ever Open.
Osu tmd!

Glad you had a good time, if you get Sunday off of teaching we have a in house kids tournament in Wallington...ninety six entries and talk about the possible trip to the muay thai camp....my guest?
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
tmd
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKK
tmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Osu tmd!

Glad you had a good time, if you get Sunday off of teaching we have a in house kids tournament in Wallington...ninety six entries and talk about the possible trip to the muay thai camp....my guest?
Have had a few weeks of teaching and to an extend training so back on it as of last night. Thanks for the info though - see you at the regionals.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #20
Rocket
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK
Rocket will become famous soon enoughRocket will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Osu Rocket!

What has been discussed is "b" catagory knockdown tournaments after passing through the novice stage, these tournaments would be aimed at the average Joe Soap who has to go to work the next day and doesn`t fancy getting creamed by one of the "top dogs" This would encourage more people to have a go with people of their own standard.

It`s just my opinion but i think the "novice rules" as they stand are fair enough, you can pick your three fights to suit yourself, over a reasonable time span you see fit but everybody has to play the game.

The additional facility of more novice opens means people can fight more or less when they are ready rather than having to wait long periods of time within their own associations which we are very pleased about.

Perhaps the "b" knockdowns might help people in your situation until they feel they either want to progress, or are just happy staying in the "b" catagory?

This as i say has only been discussed in an informal manner but i can see this coming about sometime in the future if everybody keeps on talking, as i have said before things are looking rosy at the moment!
I actually think the way Kickboxing does it works quite well when it isnt exploited, in that you start in N catogery get 3 wins move to C catogery get 7 wins move to B once you are plus 12 winds you are in A catogery.

Think this could work if all the org's keep there records tight we could easily implement that without people exploiting it.

OSU!