iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 01:34 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #21
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Thanks, Guys!

Osu!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #22
GimpTron
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: n/a
GimpTron will become famous soon enoughGimpTron will become famous soon enough
I also heard that K-1 got Badr Hari back. That is a very good look.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #23
Olrac
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK
Olrac is a jewel in the roughOlrac is a jewel in the roughOlrac is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpTron View Post
I also heard that K-1 got Badr Hari back. That is a very good look.
Latest thing we've heard about Hari is that he left Holland to start a boxing carrier in the US.....
Old 04-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #24
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Osu!

Kyokushin in the Olympics. Cheese down a hill has a better shot right now.

Osu!
The English have a head start on this sport:

Personally, I prefer shin kicking:

Old 04-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #25
NZStallion
K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
NZStallion will become famous soon enoughNZStallion will become famous soon enough
Can't wait to see Hari back in the ring, his last fight against Saki was sooo good
Old 04-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #26
andrewkyokushin
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK
andrewkyokushin will become famous soon enoughandrewkyokushin will become famous soon enough
I want to take up cheesedownahill!!!

Hey, team GB here i come, plenty of hills to practice on in Wales!!

Osu
Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #27
GimpTron
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olrac View Post
Latest thing we've heard about Hari is that he left Holland to start a boxing carrier in the US.....

http://www.headkicklegend.com/2012/4...1-now-official
Old 04-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #28
slaine
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: kyokushin
slaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZStallion View Post
Can't wait to see Hari back in the ring, his last fight against Saki was sooo good
He's great for the sport as he's a big draw but I don't like him , his attitude and overall manner I find deeply distasteful .
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #29
Dent
Senior Moderator

Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaine View Post
He's great for the sport as he's a big draw but I don't like him , his attitude and overall manner I find deeply distasteful .
Agreed. Can't find a nice thing to say about him, but I'd rather someone else be the draw.

Osu!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #30
slaine
Senior K4L Member

slaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to allslaine is a name known to all
Quote:
Osu!

Agreed. Can't find a nice thing to say about him, but I'd rather someone else be the draw.

Osu!
OSU , you said it Dent , there are many far better out there to represent K1 but unfortunately a lot of people tune in to see him .
Old 04-26-2012, 04:23 PM   #31
Dent
Senior Moderator

Osu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaine View Post
OSU , you said it Dent , there are many far better out there to represent K1 but unfortunately a lot of people tune in to see him .
With the hope that he's going to run into Peter Graham's foot again!

And for FredInChina

Osu!
Old 04-26-2012, 05:14 PM   #32
slaine
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Osu!

With the hope that he's going to run into Peter Graham's foot again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RonXCprR3BQ

And for FredInChina

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88123121388766

Osu!
Ah that brought a warm and fuzzy feeling that only accompanies a knockout like that .
Old 04-26-2012, 11:44 PM   #33
FredInChina
Apprentice

Org/Style: IOGKF,Kyokushin
FredInChina has disabled reputation
Quote:
And for FredInChina (...)
Thank you Dent, highly appreciated... Unfortunately, Google vids are blocked too!
Youku & tudou work...

Osu!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #34
Dent
Senior Moderator

Osu!

May work for you, FredInChina, but I had no luck with the searches.

Osu!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #35
GimpTron
Senior K4L Member

I cosign what 49ers said, karate/kickboxing has always been my first passion (including american style football) so I would really love to see kickboxing become as or even more popular than MMA in America.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:43 PM   #36
tmd
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKK
tmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpTron View Post
I cosign what 49ers said, karate/kickboxing has always been my first passion (including american style football) so I would really love to see kickboxing become as or even more popular than MMA in America.
It tried, had a 10+ year head start and failed, no idea why but in the UK it just got zero air time which killed it.

MMA is here to stay and needs to be embraced by all the martial arts masses - it is more likely for us to get MMA accepted as an Olympic sport we can train students for than chasing the purist dream of having knockdown in the Olympics which is much less likely.

I'd love it but knowing what little I do of such things, the main key is you have to have a single World Wide governing body, I know some moves are being put together to 'get round this' but in all honest while I hope and dream I just don't see it.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:11 PM   #37
slaine
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmd View Post
It tried, had a 10+ year head start and failed, no idea why but in the UK it just got zero air time which killed it.

MMA is here to stay and needs to be embraced by all the martial arts masses - it is more likely for us to get MMA accepted as an Olympic sport we can train students for than chasing the purist dream of having knockdown in the Olympics which is much less likely.

I'd love it but knowing what little I do of such things, the main key is you have to have a single World Wide governing body, I know some moves are being put together to 'get round this' but in all honest while I hope and dream I just don't see it.
I couldn't agree more TMD , if it hasn't done it by now it ain't going happen , more's the pity
Old 05-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #38
kakatootoshi
良いお年を!

Org/Style: fumei
kakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond reputekakatootoshi has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.asahi.com/sports/update/0...205160199.html

FEG is now going through the bankruptcy procedures.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:42 PM   #39
SteveK
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: The SteveK Way
SteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmd View Post
MMA is here to stay and needs to be embraced by all the martial arts masses - it is more likely for us to get MMA accepted as an Olympic sport.
I do not think MMA will become an Olympic Sport - the name fighters are professionals and under contracts to promoters, I could not see them being released to fight in the Olympics with no financial rewards and I cannot picture amateur fighters pulling in the crowds.

I think Knock Down has a better chance as you would at least have the elite fighters competing which is something the olympics is about or used to be about.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #40
ItalianTankATT
K4L Member

Org/Style: Shieijyuku/BJJ
ItalianTankATT has a spectacular aura aboutItalianTankATT has a spectacular aura aboutItalianTankATT has a spectacular aura about
K-1 is far more fun to watch than mma for me.
If anyone can beat Badr Hari, it would have to be Daniel Ghita.

Amateur MMA will eventually become an Olympic sport. There are more amateur shows in the states than professional shows. Its cheaper for the promoters. The UFC will eventually start having regional shows which will hurt anyone trying to promote a pro mma card or for pro fighters trying to make a living off of fighting, its hard enough already. OSU!