iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
SteveK
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: The SteveK Way
SteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud of
Gary O'Neill has opened a Dojo

Just got this link on my Facebook page

Garry O"Neill has opened a Dojo in Brisbane so this will probably go on the places that must visit to train at I would think

http://www.oneillkyokushin.com/

Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
tmd
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKK
tmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant future
A few years ago we applied to move to Auz, and more specifically Brisbane - partly due to it being quite a Kyokushin town

Global crash, property price collapse on the UK put a stop to it (literally the week we applied for our visa's and put the house on the market!) but if I ever do get to go, which I truly hope to in the next few years I will have to train here....man is a legend.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #3
Steffen
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WKO
Steffen is a glorious beacon of lightSteffen is a glorious beacon of lightSteffen is a glorious beacon of lightSteffen is a glorious beacon of lightSteffen is a glorious beacon of light
Thats great!

..and a little peak back in time..

Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Tay
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: BKK (IFK)
Tay is just really niceTay is just really niceTay is just really niceTay is just really nice
nice
and a very entertaining fighter to watch.

Gary O'Neil at All Japan Open 1996:

Old 05-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

I wish him success in his new venture!

I was also looking at moving to Brisbane, TMD, but my wife wanted to be closer to her parents. Guess who won......

Osu!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
knuckleheader
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: none
knuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the rough
We in the N. East are glad she won that won....
Old 05-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #7
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheader View Post
We in the N. East are glad she won that won....
You are too kind, Sir!

Osu!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
Steffen
Senior K4L Member

Steffen is a glorious beacon of lightSteffen is a glorious beacon of lightSteffen is a glorious beacon of lightSteffen is a glorious beacon of lightSteffen is a glorious beacon of light
Just want to add :

Daniel Trifu , he is still going strong (?) And Frank Russo have a decent record. I know little about Australian fighters, but some names comes up =o)

Last edited by Steffen; 07-15-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Adding
Old 07-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
SteveK
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: The SteveK Way
SteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud ofSteveK has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffen View Post
Thanks for that Steffen there are quite a few of Garry from 93 and 95 there - looks like a great crowd also for Queensland Titles (not sure they a pulling the same sort of numbers now days - bit of a shame as still some good quality fighters being produced there)

Osu
Old 07-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
jcbel
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
jcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nice
Late to this party but Gary's "new" dojo is actually on the premises where the Kyokushin Brisbane club used to train on Petrie Terrace.

Kyokushin Brisbane moved into different locations after I left town, haven't really inquired as to why. The Petrie Terrace dojo was in a pretty good spot, at least to me.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
hokuto12
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: n/a
hokuto12 has a spectacular aura abouthokuto12 has a spectacular aura about
A short article in this months Blitz mag in regards to Sensei O'NEILL
Old 08-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
Steffen
Senior K4L Member

It has been confirmed that Sensei Garry O’Neill will be fighting in a One Match challenge at the 2012 New Zealand IKO National tournament August 11th this year. It will be an exhibition match.

He will be fighting against Sempai Goro Honda from Japan who is a Top 8 All Japan Weight fighter.

...and

Sensei Garry O’Neill is hosting a training seminar Saturday 22nd September 2012 in Brisbane!

Poster:

http://www.kyokushinaustralia.com/wp...sbane-2012.jpg
Old 08-01-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
jcbel
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
jcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nicejcbel is just really nice
That post is from July 16 and the most current information I have is Sensei O' Neill will be fighting James Eades (our very own NZStallion).
Old 08-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #14
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbel View Post
That post is from July 16 and the most current information I have is Sensei O' Neill will be fighting James Eades (our very own NZStallion).
That's my understanding too. Go NZStallion! Osu!
Old 08-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #15
hokuto12
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: n/a
hokuto12 has a spectacular aura abouthokuto12 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
That's my understanding too. Go NZStallion! Osu!
Sorry got to stick with the Aussie here. But I do wish you all the best NZStallion.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #16
knuckleheader
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: none
knuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the rough
What? No yanks? Sandman, are you busy....