Thank you to all and Sandman and Fredin China - much obliged. Something about Eid which is the celebratory day at the end of the 30 day month of Fasting called Ramadan.
The Day of Eid-ul-Fitr
EID-UL-FITR is celebrated on the first day of Shaw'waal, at the completion of Ramadhaan. Shaw'waal is the 10th month of the Islamic calendar. Eid-al-Fitr is a very joyous day for the believing men and women. On this day Muslims show their real joy for the many blessings Allah Ta’ala has given to them to fulfil their obligation of fasting and other good deeds during the blessed month of Ramadhaan.
BEAUTIFUL HADITH ABOUT EID
The Messenger of Allah Muhammad is reported to have said: “And then the night of Eidul fitr, the night that is called Laylatul Jaa’izah(night of prize giving), comes along. On the morning of Eid Allah sends down the Malaa’ikah(angels) to all the lands of the earth where they take their positions at access points of roads, calling out with a voice that is heard by all except man and jinn, “O Ummah of Muhammad(Salallaho alaihe wassallam), come forth from your houses towards a Lord that is noble and gracious, who grants much and pardons the major sins.” When they proceed towards the places for their Eid salaah, Allah says to the Malaa’ikah: “What indeed is the reward of that employee who had rendered his services?” The Malaa’ikah reply’ “O Lord and Master, it is only right that he should receive his reward in full for his services.” Allah then says, “I call you to witness, O My Malaa’ikah, that for their having fasted during the month of Ramadhaan, and for their having stood in prayer by night, I have granted to them as reward My pleasure and have granted them forgiveness. O My servants ask now of Me, for I swear by My honour and My greatness, that whatsoever you shall beg of me this day in this assembly of yours for the needs of the Hereafter, I shall grant you; and whatsoever you shall ask for worldly needs, I shall look at you favourably. By My honour I swear, as long as you shall obey my commands, I shall cover your faults. By My honour and by My greatness do I swear that I shall never disgrace you among the evil-doing ones and disbelievers. Depart now from here, you are forgiven. You have pleased Me, and I am pleased with you. The Malaa’ikah an seeing this great reward bestowed by Allah upon the Ummah of Muhammad (Salallaho alaihe wassallam) on the day of Eidul Fitr become greatly pleased and happy.” (Hadith-Targheeb)
IBADAH(WORSHIP) ON THE NIGHT OF EID
Our Beloved Rasulullah (Salallaho alaihe wassallam) said : "The person who stays awake on the nights preceding the two Eids occupying himself with ibādah(worship), his heart will not die on the day when everyone's heart will perish." (His heart will not die during the time of evil and corruption). It could also mean that with the blowing of the trumpet his soul will not become unconscious. (Hadith –Ibn Majah)
TIPS ON HOW TO SPEND THE DAY OF EID:
• Keep in mind the pleasure of Allah and uphold Shari'ah at ALL times.
• Adorn yourself and your family modestly in the best of garments (not necessarily new).
• Avoid over eating and other festivities that have no benefit.
• Visit the poor, needy, orphans, elderly and sick.
• Should Eid be made at “my mum or your mum or whoever/wherever?” This requires Mashurah (mutual consultation). Mashurah is a Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (Sallalaho alaihe wassallam).Try to compromise and accommodate each other.
• Maintain and strengthen family bonds- Rasulullah (Salallaho alaihe wassallam) is reported to have said, "Anyone who wishes to have his means of livelihood enlarged and a prolonged life, should treat his relatives with kindness."(Hadith)
• Don't forget the oppressed, poor and needy Muslims in all parts of the world in your du’as and charity.
• Be punctual with our acts of worship and on this joyous day.
Just came back from the Eid prayers and now off to greet family and friends - breakfast at my oldest sister, lunch at Aysha's Uncle and Supper at my other sister. In-between visit the cemetary to say some prayers over the deceased (Mon and Dad and others).