iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 02:20 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

» Kyokushin4life » General Discussion » General Karate » road to recovery...

Old 08-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #61
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

I hope that Abu Dhabi treats you well, MJV!

Osu!
Old 08-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #62
mjv
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
mjv will become famous soon enough
thanks Dent, hard to say its Ramadan at the moment and it pretty much sucks.....not the fact they are fasting but the excuses around the whole "event"...

rest kinda OK, need to figure out to stay fit without driving around like crazy to chase people or places.....

how is your end?

mjv
Old 08-03-2013, 04:28 PM   #63
Karate4Life
Sweaty Dogi

Org/Style: Hands and feet
Karate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to behold
OSU!

An open face, a kind smile, some manners, and "Assalam Aleykum" usually help greatly in places like these - given that you're lucky enough to meet any actual native Arabs there.

OSU!
Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #64
mjv
Senior K4L Member

Osu,

guess I need to apologise to you guys, was kind of busy or just to ignorant to post any updates…….gosh.

Well, this part of the world is driving me nuts and I have seen a lot during my years. This part of the world is full of hypocrites and blenders, possible my nicest way to describe people living around this place.

anyways, I have finally found a place where I can train and teach, but its lacking on every corner if it comes to actually everything. I am sure my form and knowledge has suffered a lot as kihon, kata is not part of their syllabus ;-), class used to start late, fighting is just like sending pigs to the slaughterhouse and the place is far to small.
However, the dudes are really ok, trying hard and it is fun to train with some locals and they do show some respect but I am not sure if it is my "unorthodox" way of teaching or the fact they are not used to westerners teaching ;-).

my shoulder is going ok or lets say holding together, my whole body is still to stiff but I hope this will change slowly as I have dropped all the drugs and the Doc told me to enjoy whatever I am doing as long as I can. Not sure if I should be happy or disappointed over that statement, but well can't change it at the end.

As life is boring enough anyways, I have tendered my resignation last week and planned to escape that place in 3 months time. Right now not sure where to go but time will tell, I have some options aka Luton, South End or Stans or even staying as Bin Laden (as I call him) was slightly disappointed about my decision LoL…..

if anyone has some recommendation for places in Luton or South End…..shoot ;-)

cheers for now

Markus
Old 02-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #65
Karate4Life
Sweaty Dogi

Karate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to beholdKarate4Life is a splendid one to behold
OSU!

Good to see you back Markus. Being quite experienced with the Arabic world I hear what you're saying. Relax, you might get along after all if you just silently agree to play their games.

As for that health thing - well, we don't get any younger. Just keep it up and listen closely to what your system tells you.

Have fun, train hard and smart, and keep us updated,
Cheers,
Christian
Old 02-01-2014, 10:35 AM   #66
mjv
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate4Life View Post
OSU!

Good to see you back Markus. Being quite experienced with the Arabic world I hear what you're saying. Relax, you might get along after all if you just silently agree to play their games.

As for that health thing - well, we don't get any younger. Just keep it up and listen closely to what your system tells you.

Have fun, train hard and smart, and keep us updated,
Cheers,
Christian
mate, no way I can stay silent, knowing what I know now lets put it in a very nice way, people ended up in prison for voicing out their thoughts ….so I have to hold back until I am out of this place and company, I don't think my boss would like it at all :roll eyes:

will keep you guys posted on the rest, I am sure I will end up in Luton but lets see…

cheers
Old 02-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #67
Karate4Life
Sweaty Dogi

OSU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjv View Post
mate, no way I can stay silent, knowing what I know now lets put it in a very nice way, people ended up in prison for voicing out their thoughts ….so I have to hold back until I am out of this place and company, I don't think my boss would like it at all :roll eyes:

will keep you guys posted on the rest, I am sure I will end up in Luton but lets see…
You should stay for another 2-3 years and get insanely rich while doing so!

Luton, of all places??

OSU!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #68
mjv
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate4Life View Post
OSU!

You should stay for another 2-3 years and get insanely rich while doing so!

Luton, of all places??

OSU!
I think I would make more money as a mercenary, plenty around and not bad paid…..on top you can't spend the money anyways ;-)

Luton, I know not the best place in the UK however the company is top and I have the desire to start over again……no manager bullxxxx anymore and people are ok. Stans is really not my cup of tea and on top they want me as a sales manager……gosh me and selling ;-)

South end, not sure yet…..

cheers
Old 02-01-2014, 12:17 PM   #69
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Thanks for the update mjv. I hope your next journey is more rewarding for you than the current one, and here's hoping your health maintains