iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 01:52 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

» Kyokushin4life » General Discussion » Fighter Profiles » Retired » [IFK] Shihan Graham (Noddy) Warden

Old 03-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #1
epking1
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK/BKK
epking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to all
Shihan Graham (Noddy) Warden

[IFK] Graham (Noddy) Warden

ORGANIZATION: International Federation of Karate
HEIGHT: 5 feet 9 inches
WEIGHT: 64kg (when he fought)
PLACE OF BIRTH: East London, England
DOJO HOMEPAGE: http://www.bethnalgreenkarateclub.com/

Tournament History:
4th World Tournament 1987 - Last 32 (withdrew inj against Yashuri Shichinhoe JPN.)
2nd Ibutz Oyama Cup 1985 - Last 8
British Open - 2nd - 84, 85
Welsh Open Champion - 85, 86

There is more just having trouble finding them.

Shihan Graham Warden is the Chief Instructor of Bethnal Green Dojo. He began his training in 1974 at Stratford dojo and later under Billy Walsh at Bethnal Green. He is very committed and passionate about the BKK in the area of Knockdown fighting and tournament and has a clear vision and energetic drive that is reflected in his dojo and indeed the students that train with him. Shihan Graham represented the BKK at many levels and was undisputedly a gritty and effective Knockdown competitor. He was promoted to 5th Dan in 2001.

He was also privileged to be the only Lightweight to represent G. Britain in an Open Weight Kyokushinkai World Tournament held in Japan 1987, where he was placed in the top 32 (that day he was also the oldest and smallest fighter ever to have fought for the British Team)
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
amurtiger777
K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1- BKK- IFK
amurtiger777 is on a distinguished road
Not only a great fighter. but a brilliant knockdown coach, an excellent instructor and a great friend. As a heavyweight fighter who trained with Shihan Graham, I can attest to the power this man could throw at you, punches and low kicks, they always hurt when they got through. (how does the bumble bee fly????)
OSU!!!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
knuckleheader
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: none
knuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the rough
I like the spining(2nd clip) back low kick, trying to hurt the right thigh of the opponent.
Clever. Thanks for sharing epking1.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
walshy
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKK
walshy will become famous soon enoughwalshy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheader View Post
I like the spining(2nd clip) back low kick, trying to hurt the right thigh of the opponent.
Clever. Thanks for sharing epking1.
A certain TMD had me hobbling around after hitting me with one of those . Thought he was going for chudan and went to block and he just whipped it down to my thigh....very painfull!!! ( he also caught Mrs TMD with the same kick the same night )
Old 05-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
knuckleheader
Senior K4L Member

knuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshy View Post
A certain TMD had me hobbling around after hitting me with one of those . Thought he was going for chudan and went to block and he just whipped it down to my thigh....very painfull!!! ( he also caught Mrs TMD with the same kick the same night )
One might pause to question. Did Mr. TMD notice atnything different about the meals Mrs. TMD served afterward? Whilst her leg pained
Old 05-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #6
Dean
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: n/a
Dean will become famous soon enough
As a regular spectator at British knockdown tournaments over the years it has been a pleasure to watch the Bethnal Green Machine in action under the instruction of Shihan Graham. I can think of at least two fighters who originally came from the dojo i trained at who had obvious talent but were only getting mixed results until they switched there training to Bethnal Green and both soon became British and international champions.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #7
epking1
Senior K4L Member

epking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to allepking1 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by amurtiger777 View Post
I can attest to the power this man could throw at you, punches and low kicks, they always hurt when they got through.
Its still there... ...trust me. many days do i have to hobble to Bow Road Tube or try and drive home bruised up.

Quote:
how does the bumble bee fly????
Is that code for something? i know the BG Bees but prehaps thought it might be an old school BG saying or something?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
amurtiger777
K4L Member

It was something Shihan Graham used to instill in his fighters especially when they were exhausted during training or at tournaments the simple principle that the humble bumble is too heavy to fly, but it does. Why? Because it no one told it that it can’t fly!
(scientific fact) or so Noddy told us, examples when he would tell us this fact: after three hours of knockdown training, or sparring or the old low kicking or punching of truck tyres. Shihan Graham would say who told you can't punch or kick that one last time. Bumble bee principle.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #9
epking1
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
It was something Shihan Graham used to instill in his fighters especially when they were exhausted during training or at tournaments the simple principle that the humble bumble is too heavy to fly, but it does. Why? Because it no one told it that it can’t fly!
(scientific fact) or so Noddy told us, examples when he would tell us this fact: after three hours of knockdown training, or sparring or the old low kicking or punching of truck tyres. Shihan Graham would say who told you can't punch or kick that one last time. Bumble bee principle.
Thats cool, and just adds to thr reasons why i go to this dojo when i live over 60 miles away and have other dojo's closer.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
niceguy
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
niceguy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by epking1 View Post
Thats cool, and just adds to thr reasons why i go to this dojo when i live over 60 miles away and have other dojo's closer.
Can't make it the week, but I'll be there next Tuesday. "Hello bag work!"
Old 05-13-2010, 06:08 PM   #11
amurtiger777
K4L Member

Nice guy I guarantee that you will be knackered after Shihan's session, but man o man I bet you will have enjoyed it. Let us now how you get on.

Osu!

epking when you see the man next tell him Colm said a big hello.
Thanks,

Osu!

Last edited by Dent; 05-13-2010 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts
Old 05-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #12
Tay
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK
Tay has a spectacular aura aboutTay has a spectacular aura aboutTay has a spectacular aura about
You can add to his tournament history:

English Open 1984 - 2nd
Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
tmd
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKK
tmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to beholdtmd is a splendid one to behold
That Picture is amazing - it's why I love black and white, you can see his character, his fighting spirit and his enthusiasm all in that one picture.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #14
knuckleheader
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmd View Post
That Picture is amazing - it's why I love black and white, you can see his character, his fighting spirit and his enthusiasm all in that one picture.

Agreed, b+w has it's way too convey an image that color can not.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
Rocket
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK
Rocket will become famous soon enoughRocket will become famous soon enough
I know all to well how that jab feels.