iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:12 PM   #1
anarki13
K4L Member

Org/Style: WKO
anarki13 is on a distinguished road
Where in the world is Willie Williams?

I once searched for this great fighter and could only find a little quote about him going off to play in PRIDE tournaments in japan.. i visited the site two months later and even that was gone...

so, if anyone knows, please help!

Osu.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
spanky11
Senior K4L Member

spanky11 is on a distinguished road
Not too sure where is at...

He must be at least 55 years old these days, so I'd be surprised to see if he went in the ring again.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
anarki13
K4L Member

Org/Style: WKO
anarki13 is on a distinguished road
hmmm...thanx! i'll keep looking!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #4
Superfoot
New K4Ler

Org/Style: n/a
Superfoot is on a distinguished road
Willie Williams, after leaving Kyokushin competition, made appearances in the RINGS fight promotion, usually in "worked" matches, where the outcome was predetermined. He also toured with several pro wrestling industries, most notably the UWFi. After that, not much has been heard of him. He is also a secret character in the video game "Tekken", under the name "Bear Killer" Willy B Williams.

Its also intersting to note that, according to this link:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~YF7M-ON/ekakunen.html

"Kyokushin Kaikan suspended the North American branch boss Shigeru Oyama and expelled Willie Williams"

This decision came about as a result of Williams' participation in a challenge match with Antionio Inoki. The math itself was declared a draw, due to the fact that the doctor, upon finding that Inoki had a broken rib, and Williams a broken arm, stopped the match.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:38 PM   #5
Lonewolf
K4L Member

Org/Style: n/a
Lonewolf will become famous soon enough
Osu! There is a poster on the Sherdog message board with questions about Willie Williams. If he wants to know anything, send me a private email and I will respond. Also, does anyone know which version of the video game "TEKKEN" that the Willie B. Williams character is included in? That was very interesting to hear, and I'm sure Sensei will get a kick out of hearing about this. Osu!
Old 06-25-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
kakatootoshi
良いお年を!

Org/Style: fumei
kakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant future
Dear Lonewolf,
No idea of a character in Tekken who is modelled after Willie Williams Sensei, but according to the descriptions, a character "Paul Phoenix" looked up to Williams Sensei when he was small and became interested in martial arts. Sorry I do not know much about this game, but I am sure some game freaks here may help.

OSU!