iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

» Kyokushin4life » General Discussion » General Karate » Kyokushin Karate game..mysterious

Old 07-28-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
kyokushin4life
Administrator

Org/Style: One Ring
kyokushin4life has disabled reputation
Exclamation Kyokushin Karate game..mysterious

I was reading one of old World Karate magazines and read an article about development of Kyokushin Karate game. I don't know which platform the game was for but here is a pic. Osu!
I think the magazine was from 1999, Sensei Kenji Yamaki and Ryuta Noji were on the cover of the magazine.

Last edited by kyokushin4life; 07-28-2006 at 02:21 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:55 AM   #2
smoothsake

Org/Style: IKO1
smoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to behold
That looks sweet! I learned on Wikipedia that there are Kyokushin styles represented in other video games too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyokushin#Video_Games
Old 07-28-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Shokei Marcsui
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: KP MT
Shokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Ryu is loosely based on a real-life karate practitioner, the late Yoshiji Soeno, nicknamed "the Tiger of Kyokushin", and founder of Shidokan Karate. In the 1970s, Soeno was the only warrior with the courage to challenge Reiba, the strongest Thai kickboxer in the world, and dubbed the "Dark Lord of Muay Thai.
I would assume that Reiba would be the equivalent of Sagat in the first Street Fighter video game.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
kakatootoshi
良いお年を!

Org/Style: fumei
kakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant future
Dear kyokushin4life,
The game you have mentioned is "Ichigeki Hagane no hito"(Ichigeki: The Man of Steel) and it was released sometime before the 99' WT (IKO-Matsui). Many top fighters like Filho, Kazumi, Pettas are in the game. As I can remember game modes include tournament, career mode (where you choose a japanese shihan and start training, belt grading and fighting in regional, national and world tournmanets. When you reach a certain level you will be asked by Kancho Matsui to fight in hyakunin kumite), tameshiwari, etc. There is also an information library about kyokushin history and also a fighter database.
The game is released on PS only.

Front cover

choosing fighters, as you can see here is Kazumi and Ikeda (Masato)

Filho in the game

OSU!

Last edited by kakatootoshi; 07-28-2006 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #5
daisukey

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakatootoshi
Dear kyokushin4life,

OSU!
Osu! That's wicked! Kaka-pi Have you ever played the game?
Old 07-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #6
ichigeki31
Senior K4L Member

ichigeki31 will become famous soon enough
is it still published or disturbuted osu!!!!!and if you have played the game plz tell us more osu!!!

Last edited by ichigeki31; 07-28-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:39 PM   #7
BigAl

Org/Style: Kuma Dojo Assoc
BigAl is just really niceBigAl is just really niceBigAl is just really niceBigAl is just really niceBigAl is just really nice
I know Jin from Tekken 4 is supposed to be Kyokushin.

If you have any questions on weight training, feel free to PM me. I don't know everything, but I'll be glad to help the best I can.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #8
Shokei Marcsui
Senior K4L Member

Shokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to allShokei Marcsui is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakatootoshi
Dear kyokushin4life,
The game you have mentioned is "Ichigeki Hagane no hito"(Ichigeki: The Man of Steel) and it was released sometime before the 99' WT (IKO-Matsui). Many top fighters like Filho, Kazumi, Pettas are in the game. As I can remember game modes include tournament, career mode (where you choose a japanese shihan and start training, belt grading and fighting in regional, national and world tournmanets. When you reach a certain level you will be asked by Kancho Matsui to fight in hyakunin kumite), tameshiwari, etc. There is also an information library about kyokushin history and also a fighter database.
The game is released on PS only.

Front cover

choosing fighters, as you can see here is Kazumi and Ikeda (Masato)

Filho in the game

OSU!
WOW! Was it only released in japan?? I'd love to get my hands on this game.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:41 PM   #9
kakatootoshi
良いお年を!

Org/Style: fumei
kakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant futurekakatootoshi has a brilliant future
I think the game was targeted for the japanese market (as it involves tonnes of conversations in japanese!). The grading test includes mulitple-choice questions in addition to kumite so the career mode may not be appealing to users of the foreign market. And there are not enough gaijin fighters to choose from (only Filho, Feitosa, Pettas and Sawicki).
It still can be purchased from the japanese versions of hmv, yahoo, etc.
Used CDs can be founded in the following two websites (in english)
http://www.mailorderjapan.com/detail...tation_891.htm
http://www.genkivideogames.com (search "ichigeki")

OSU!
Old 07-28-2006, 09:22 PM   #10
Shokei Marcsui
Senior K4L Member

I think you need a modded PSP to play japanese or import games. I had one modded a long time ago but I think I threw it away.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
Sensation Black
New K4Ler

Org/Style: DJKB
Sensation Black is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
I know Jin from Tekken 4 is supposed to be Kyokushin.

i dunno if you really could call that kyokushinkai but in one video in the game he is doing a kyokushin kata.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:07 AM   #12
Aunty Ichigeki
Senior K4L Member

Aunty Ichigeki will become famous soon enoughAunty Ichigeki will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisukey
Osu! That's wicked! Kaka-pi Have you ever played the game?
Dude! I have the game! If you can find someone with a Playstation 1 with a mod chip you can play it at the dojo. We used to keep it hooked up but found students were using it for warming up!!!
Old 08-01-2006, 12:47 PM   #13
nzproud
Fight Ippatsu!

nzproud is just really nicenzproud is just really nicenzproud is just really nicenzproud is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Ichigeki
Dude! I have the game! If you can find someone with a Playstation 1 with a mod chip you can play it at the dojo. We used to keep it hooked up but found students were using it for warming up!!!
Holy***!! Senpai I really want to check out this game then i can post some pics here so others can see as well.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:06 AM   #14
Rexkwondo
New K4Ler

Org/Style: Enshin Karate
Rexkwondo is on a distinguished road
Actually Ryu from streetfighter is supposed to be based on Mas Oyama
osu

Mas Oyama
Old 10-23-2006, 06:38 AM   #15
effectz
K4L Member

Org/Style: kyokushinkai
effectz is on a distinguished road
well jin kazama style changes to kyokushin in tekken 4, and continues on in the game series. his combos are pretty nice, he has the brazilian kick as well as the kaiten do mawashi-geri. if you leave the game at the title screen, it will show a demo of jin doing pinan sono yon in tekken 4, as well as yantsu.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:01 AM   #16
vapor
Über Mod

vapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to behold
There are 2 games up on Yahoo Auctions right now.
One ends in 8 hours, the other in 1 day.

And yes, you would have to have a modded playstation to utilize the software.

Although used Japanese playstations are available on the auction site as well...from a couple bucks, to about $80 depending on condition and number of accessories sold with it...

(If anyone is interested in picking up the game, i would be more than willing to help facilitate getting in for you...i.e. placing the bid, having it shipped to me in Tokyo, and then shipping it along to you...as long as I am not out any money!)

vapor

Last edited by vapor; 10-23-2006 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 AM   #17
vapor
Über Mod

vapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to behold
Here are close ups of the front and back cover of the game.

vapor
Old 10-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #18
smoothsake

smoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to behold
Vapor, I am interested. Please check your PM. Osu!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #19
Lanky Sempai
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Matsui
Lanky Sempai is on a distinguished road
Anyone got a modded PS1? Or have they all been relagated to vase status?!!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:52 AM   #20
StasR
New K4Ler

StasR is on a distinguished road
BigAl,
Jin from Tekken 4, was based on Australian fighter Garry O'Neil. If play the game and watch closely the fighting stance is a typical Kyokushin Kumite Dachi and watch out for Roll Kicks. One of Garry O'Neil's favourite techniques.
Osu