iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 03:02 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
-->

Kyokushin4life Trainings Books, Videos and DVDs Kyokushin Books - from Japan (Ashiharakaicho's Collection)

Reply > Last »

Old 02-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Org/Style: Ashihara Karate
ashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbel View Post
WOW!!! Shihan you need a setup like this!
Oh boy, that makes me worry - That is a nice set up, but places like the Vatican can afford to have such to preserve old books and documents - "poor" karate instructors can only "pray" that no calamity like fire or something similar will ever strike, otherwise bye-bye my books ...

Old 02-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #22
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

ashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud ofashiharakaicho has much to be proud of
Osu,

With some other recent additions - two new books by Shihan Hussein Sulaiman of Kuwait. The one on the left got from him over 25 years ago.

In the background is the bookcase with my Kyokushin collection ...

Old 02-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #23
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Hi All,

Just got the following book ...
Full Contact Karate Training by Jurgen Hoeller, Maluschka Axel

Paperback, 195 pages, released 11 February 2011
Published by Meyer & Meyer Sport (Uk) Ltd

This guidebook provides a concept for Full Contact training and effective self-defence. If you were impressed with his Taekwondo Book (featuring Ashihara Karate), then this book is a must have.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #24
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

Just got the following from Russia:

on the left is Taekwondo Basic course by Son Duk Sung (ISBN 5-8183-0664-X) and the other is
Boevisk karate Kiokushinkay.samouchitel by Misak Artsunovich Misakyan (ISBN 5-8183-0441-8)

Both books are line drawings of techique and from a first glance are quite detailed. Unfortunately it is in Russian, but one can follow the images for a good understanding.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:14 AM   #25
knuckleheader
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: none
knuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the roughknuckleheader is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredInChina View Post
What a great collection ashiharakaicho, wow!
Osu!

Yes indeed, what Fred said.....
Old 03-12-2011, 09:32 AM   #26
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by knuckleheader View Post
Yes indeed, what Fred said.....
Osu,

Thank you - one of the few passions (vices) I have - a drive to collect as much kyokushin and related offshoots books) that I can. I have been lucky to date to be able to acquire those that I have.

Further to the book Boevisk karate Kiokushinkay.samouchitel by Misak Artsunovich Misakyan that I just got - it also contains some weapons kata and "sparring" including Bo, Sai, Tonfa, Nunchaku. The Sai kata is Pinan sono Ni and it is an interesting rendition of the kata with Sai.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #27
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

Another two books arrived - these are autobiographies by Royama Kancho and contains lots of rare pictures of him in his younger days. Several pictures training with Sawaii Sensei of Taikiken as well as some with Ashihara Sendai Kancho.

Unfortunately these are in Russian too, but at least one can enjoy the pictures ...

Old 05-20-2011, 01:11 PM   #28
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

Purchased Kyokushin Way JAPAN PROGRAM Masutatsu Oyama on Ebay and it arrived today

cover

back

It is a 24 page souvenir brochure with pics of the 3rd World tournament, etc. It is in rather good condition and came nicely packaged with a thank you note.

Last edited by ashiharakaicho; 05-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #29
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Hi All,

Just got a copy of Mas Oyama's "Boy's Karate" - my original copy disappeared in 1979. This copy is not of the best - the guy whom I got it from cut out some images to use for his flyers. It is an exchange deal so I am still busy bartering - hope to get a better copy in future. But happy in the meanwhile that at least that I could replace it after so long.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:38 PM   #30
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

Another box of ten books arrived from Japan earlier this week ... With some more to come. This lot included:

Old 06-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #31
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Looks like those Japanese lessons are going to be more of a necessity than anything, AshiharaKaicho! (I suspect that this may also be part of your plan. )

Osu!
Old 06-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #32
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dent View Post
Osu!Looks like those Japanese lessons are going to be more of a necessity than anything, AshiharaKaicho! (I suspect that this may also be part of your plan. ) Osu!
You are right - I've been getting by on the smattering bits that I know, but with all the books that I am getting now, it might make it an even greater necessity ...

Old 06-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #33
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

I'm oh so happy with the arrival of another box of twelve books from Japan yesterday (much faster to get here than the previous box). This lot included:

With some more to come, I am amazed at the amount of books in Japanese. Pretty soon, the Japanese books will equal the others in my collection.

Last edited by ashiharakaicho; 06-14-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:52 PM   #34
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

Today a book that I ordered two months ago on Ebay arrived.

This is the first that Gilbert shihan wrote - it is in French and was published in 1981. His other book entitled "Le Karate Kyokushin pour tours" was published in 1991.

Whilst going online to thank the seller, I spotted that he had a book by Roger Lesourd - probably the pioneer of Kyokushin in Canada. I have his book "Kung Fu Karate Samourai", but the other one that I purchased today is specifically for females.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:01 PM   #35
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

Just got Budo Brain written by Toni Flynn

Budo Brain Kyokushin Karate Activity Book & Study Guide Written & Illustrated by Toni Flynn

Budo Brain is a great learning tool and resource for both children and adult students. This unique Activity Book & Study Guide is a fun way to learn about Kyokushin Karate techniques, training etiquette, training tips, Japanese terminology used in the dojo, and much more.

Topics include “What is Karate?”, “What is Kobudo?”, “What is Budo?”, “What is Kime?”, “What is Maai?”, and more. An extensive Japanese terminology section includes all techniques as well as conversational Japanese.

What makes this book unique is the way the information is presented. The Japanese crossword puzzles and word games are a challenging and fun way to learn the Japanese terminology and help students retain the information more easily.

Not just for kids! Although this book is written in easy to understand language, it is by no means just for kids. This book is more extensive than the average adult student handbook and the information it contains is pertinent for all kyu rank students regardless of age.

Shodo (Japanese calligraphy) brushed by Tom Flynn Shihan is also included for many common words such as “dojo”, “seiza”, “reigi”, “kime”, etc. Included is an interpretation of the shodo characters, giving students a deeper understanding of the origins of the words and their cultural aspects.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:07 AM   #36
ksan
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kicky & Punchy
ksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to behold
I have two copies of budo brain, 1 for my collection and 1 to work with. Its a good resource when teaching kids.

Osu
Old 07-05-2011, 08:51 AM   #37
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksan View Post
I have two copies of budo brain, 1 for my collection and 1 to work with. Its a good resource when teaching kids. Osu
Your right - it is a good resource for those working with kids. A worthwhile addition to any library.

Old 07-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #38
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Osu,

Today received
1. BKK IFK Syllabus booklet
2. IFK Kihon - pictorial manual of basic techiques
3. Kyokushin Karate Kata (2nd Edition)
4. Sanchin by K4L's very own Karen Van Wyk

the first and second editions ...

the other with Karen's Sanchin book!

Special thanks to Karen for making this addition possible.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #39
ksan
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kicky & Punchy
ksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to behold
Spot the difference in the two kata book covers (not the text or the IFK logo, those are too obvious).... Its very small but noticable...

There are also changes inside the book, but since the old pictures were used you have to look closely.

Osu
Old 07-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #40
ashiharakaicho
Advanced Shoshinsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksan View Post
Spot the difference in the two kata book covers (not the text or the IFK logo, those are too obvious).... Its very small but noticable... There are also changes inside the book, but since the old pictures were used you have to look closely.
Are you referring to the photoshop work - the cloning was't done that well if you know how - check the picture of Hanshi in zenkutsu dachi after pinan sono ichi - that was definitely not a good one ... not mentioning what the major work was done on.

With the new cover, his face was cleaned up a bit ...