iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 07:14 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Kyokushin4life Dojos around the Globe Dojo Homepage American Kyokushin Karate Organization (AKKO) in Houston, TX (Shihan Calvin Hartzog)

Old 02-01-2008, 06:41 AM   #21
kyokushin4life
Administrator

Org/Style: One Ring
kyokushin4life has disabled reputation
frankpc3-san, how about the dojo Marc-san trains at?
One Ring
Old 02-01-2008, 03:27 PM   #22
Shokei Marcsui
Hate running? Join Karate

Org/Style: ???
Shokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud of
I've tried to contact you frankcp3 but you haven't returned any pm

Sorry to hear about Shihan Hartzog. I'll have to pay him a visit before he leaves. Osu!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #23
frankpc3
New K4Ler

Org/Style: AKKO
frankpc3 is on a distinguished road
Sorry about that Marc. I don't remember getting anything, but then again I don't think I have enough posts to do any of that...
Old 02-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #24
Shokei Marcsui

Shokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud of
here is my email again:

m_atos80@yahoo.com

i'll give you my personal number when you email me.

Osu.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #25
xchrisbobisx
New K4Ler

Org/Style: n/a
xchrisbobisx is on a distinguished road
i tried google maps and i only found 1 place in houston that teaches kyokushin its called:Kyokushin Karate & Condition

im also looking for a dojo, though i would rather be training more...authentically, i dont like americanized martial arts
Old 02-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #26
Shokei Marcsui

there is on on the north side of town. I-45 and Rankin.

you won't get any more "authentic" than that in Houston.

Sensei James Fields: JUKU KAN KYOKUSHIN KARATE*-*Locations

Tell Sensei Fields what you are looking for and he will be happy to oblige i'm sure. They are affiliated with IKO4 - Tezuka Group. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:22 AM   #27
IJTerranova
New K4Ler

Org/Style: JKA
IJTerranova is on a distinguished road
Exclamation closing shop? where to go?

Hi i just came across this site in search for Shotokan here in Houston, tx.
The only other lead i have come across is that someone by the name of Shadi Barazi is teaching Shotokan at Trotter Family YMCA 1331 Augusta Dr Houston, Tx 77057 713-781-1061.

On the YMCA website Barazi Sensei's number is (832)766-6564

I have called and spoke to someone from the dojo about a year ago but since then i lost contact; the numbers were no longer in service. I would give it a try. I think i will in the morning!

JTerranova
Old 06-16-2008, 03:12 PM   #28
Shokei Marcsui

IMHO:

Sensei Deddy Mansyur teaching out of the University of Houston and his Private dojo at his home is a great Shotokan dojo in Houston.

His philosophy is 365/24/7. He teaches all days, at any time. Works around your schedule. I've trained with him at 6:00am somedays and midnight on others due to hectic work and school schedules. Class can be private or group.

Most people will probably assume (like I did) that the cost for private lessons are quite high. In terms of cost in comparison to what most other dojos charge it's priceless. It's not much more than what I was paying for at my old dojo and for the amount of quality one on one training you receive it is definitely worth it.

http://www.isska.com/HoustonShotokan/pages/index.html

Sensei Deddy Mansyur
713-412-5062
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

I have personal experience with him and endorse his school.

Last edited by Shokei Marcsui; 06-16-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
vette94
New K4Ler

vette94 is on a distinguished road
hi,,

i will be visiting Houston soon, and I am looking forward to visit your dojo and train with you..

can any one mention the full address of the dojo..

thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 PM   #30
Shokei Marcsui

***Update*** Shihan Hartzog is back in town. Currently teaching small classes in the evenings just north of I-10 and HWY 6 email: calhart1998@yahoo.com
Old 11-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #31
muttaihda

plz can anyone tell me whether there is a kyokushin dojo at arlington,TX???
Or near arlington ie dallas or fortwoth??
Old 01-22-2011, 07:56 AM   #32
Gouki
New K4Ler

Gouki is on a distinguished road
Hey Shokei, thanks for all the info regarding Kyokushin in Houston. I emailed Shihan Hartzog and am awaiting a reply. Any up to date info on Shihan Hartzog or Sensei Fields?

Last edited by Gouki; 01-22-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #33
FredInChina
Apprentice

Org/Style: IOGKF,Kyokushin
FredInChina has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
Hey Shokei, thanks for all the info regarding Kyokushin in Houston. I emailed Shihan Hartzog and am awaiting a reply. Any up to date info on Shihan Hartzog or Sensei Fields?
Osu Gouki, please note that shokei has not been around in a little while...
Please also visit the intro section and start a thread so we can welcome you properly
Thanks
Osu!
Old 01-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #34
Shokei Marcsui

Hey Gouki, Email me about some information regarding Sensei Fields dojo. I think that will be much closer to you. I just received a call from an old Sempai from there a few months ago. In any case, email me m_atos80@yahoo.com and I will get you the information you need. Thanks! Marcsui
Old 02-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #35
glapaglia
New K4Ler

glapaglia is on a distinguished road
I wish you guys had a dojo in the B/CS area...Aggieland needs Kyokushin.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #36
powerof0ne
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: KSK
powerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud of
I wish there was a kyokushin and daido juku dojo in every city but in the USA you're lucky if you have a Kyokushin dojo (or any knockdown style) within an hour drive of you.
Osu!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #37
Shokei Marcsui

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerof0ne View Post
I wish there was a kyokushin and daido juku dojo in every city but in the USA you're lucky if you have a Kyokushin dojo (or any knockdown style) within an hour drive of you.
Osu!
Osu! Amen to that.

I will say that in the College Station area, there are quite a few active MMA/Muay Thai gyms. There is one particular Event Promoter in College Station that is very active. A good alternative for now....
Old 02-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #38
glapaglia
New K4Ler

glapaglia is on a distinguished road
I'm so traditional though. I can just hear my father's thoughts on MMA. lol. I think I'll continue to train solo for now...Mas' books and I. rofl
Old 02-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #39
powerof0ne
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: KSK
powerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by glapaglia View Post
I'm so traditional though. I can just hear my father's thoughts on MMA. lol. I think I'll continue to train solo for now...Mas' books and I. rofl
A lot of us also train in Muay Thai, BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc. What's the point of being traditional? Any training under an experienced and good instructor is 100x better than trying to train yourself, solo.

Personally, for me, I like the history and being able to know the legit lineage of who I have trained under but that's really as "traditional" as I get besides wearing a uniform and showing respect..following a school's protocol but many Muay Thai and BJJ schools have the same sort of thing..school uniforms and being respectful.

Good luck but if you're near any good martial art schools I personally think you're hurting yourself by not training in them if you have no knockdown styles near you.
Osu!
Old 02-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #40
Shokei Marcsui

One thing that I have learned now that I am starting a family is that "Tradition" is what you make of it. As you grow older you will develop your own traditions. Some you will grab from your parents and some from your in-laws.

Take this opportunity (I assume you are at one of the universities in CS) to enhance your traditional roots and develop your own sense of "Tradition".

Quote:
Any training under an experienced and good instructor is 100x better than trying to train yourself, solo.