iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

» Kyokushin4life » Dojos around the Globe » Dojo Homepage » American Kyokushin Karate Organization (AKKO) in Houston, TX (Shihan Calvin Hartzog)

Old 02-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #41
glapaglia
New K4Ler

Org/Style: n/a
glapaglia is on a distinguished road
I sure appreciate the thoughts guys. Not attending a university, Shokei. I've long since graduated. I do work for the university though. lol.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #42
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Good advice Shokei
Old 02-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #43
bobh
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kyokushin
bobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond reputebobh has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredInChina View Post
Osu Gouki, please note that shokei has not been around in a little while... [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokei Marcsui View Post
Hey Gouki, Email me about some information regarding Sensei Fields dojo.[...]Thanks! Marcsui

Wow, Fred, way to draw him out of the woodwork.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:07 PM   #44
Shokei Marcsui
Hate running? Join Karate

Org/Style: ???
Shokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud of
I started a dojo for enthusiast that are interested in knockdown karate.

It was created out of necessity due to several year absence of kyokushin or offshoot in our area. I have a great Muay Thai school that I will continue to drop in on, but my focus is the growth of our little group.

We meet twice a week and a bimonthly Saturday session. Mondays/Wednesdays 7pm - 8:15pm, Saturdays as scheduled.

I run the classes under the banner of a Shotokan club because of my previous affiliation under the SKIF organization.

The goals for each class are to:
- Train hard with a great group of like minded individuals.
- Focus on effectiveness and impact of techniques rather than the flash of air striking precision

At the moment our group is comprised of old dojo mates from my previous Shotokan group and a Goju Ryu guy.

Old 08-23-2012, 03:27 PM   #45
FredInChina
Apprentice

Org/Style: IOGKF,Kyokushin
FredInChina has disabled reputation
Yeehaa! (This is Texas after all... )
Looking forward to learning more Shokei_marcsui.

There were quite a bit of inquiries for KD in Houston at some moment, so maybe via K4L, the word will go out.

Dent & I will be in San Antonio in October... so, if we can get organized, we could drop by and give a bit of K4L support to the new born...

OSu!
Old 08-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #46
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome Shokei! I'm looking forward to hearing more!
Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 AM   #47
vapor
Über Mod

Org/Style: IKO1
vapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to beholdvapor is a splendid one to behold
Very interesting news indeed!!

vapor
Old 08-24-2012, 02:34 PM   #48
Shokei Marcsui
Hate running? Join Karate

Org/Style: ???
Shokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud of
Thanks guys, will keep you all updated.

Any likes would be greatly appreciated.

Sugar Land Karate

Osu!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #49
sakgenla
New K4Ler

Org/Style: n/a
sakgenla is on a distinguished road
I AM LOOKING FOR A KYOKUSHIN DOJO IN CHICAGO IL USA. I FOUND ONLY ONE PLACE. I AM NOT SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT? WHERE CAN I GO TRAIN IN KYOKUSHIN? If not, what other martial arts would give me a good training in self defense and full contact karate combined?

Thanks sooo much for your help