iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 08:20 PM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

Kyokushin4life General Discussion Knockdown Karate Kyokushin Karate please help me with kyokushin training

Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 AM   #1
shahid1574
New K4Ler

Org/Style: ijka
shahid1574 is on a distinguished road
Red face please help me with kyokushin training

hi,
now i feel much better that i have joined kyokushin 4 life forum. first of all, hello and osu to everyone. Kyokushin has fascinated me ever since i have started karate. Infact i had actually started training under a kyokushin instructor in qatar. but even before i could get used to my training schedule ( which at the time included a lot of running and other strenous activites like squat jumps and plenty of knuckle push ups) i moved to usa. but never giving up hope i started looking for another kyokushin dojo in kansas ( the state in usa where i went to). unfortunately i could find one and therefore began learning what was available, that is shotokan. today i am a brown belt in shotokan and to enhance my training, also joined a taekwondo academy 6 months ago and quickly ranked in purple of taekwondo. but my quest for the search of a kyokushin instructor residing near me or atleast a kyokushin dojo may be as close as next city never ended. But now i feel overwhelmed, and i cant take it anymore. although i have been doing shotokan, it is not at all a match for the those 3 months of kyokushin training i did almost 3 years ago. I have the technique quite refined but my true skill has yet to be discovered. and for this my friends i need all of your help. i really want to learn kyokushin karate. I live in escondido city of california. and there are no schools of kyokushin here. therefore as a virtual and real kyokushin novice i ask for your help to teach me kyokushin karate. i know most of the techniques since i have been researching about it all the time.i need a hard syllabus to train myself and everything that you can help me with. this is my soul reason for joining this community. my only hope to learn kyokushin with the guidance of true kyokushin karatekas and sensei's.
Please help me.....

osu. thank you.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:25 AM   #2
kyokushin4life
Administrator

Org/Style: One Ring
kyokushin4life has disabled reputation
Welcome! You have found the right place here! Osu!
Old 01-02-2008, 04:27 AM   #3
smoothsake
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKO1
smoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to behold
Welcome. If you are serious about Kyokushin I would suggest you seek out a Kyokushin dojo. Although there might not be one in Escondido, I know of dojos in Oceanside, Temecula, and Tustin - all maybe at most an hour by car from you. Let me know if you need help locating addresses of the above three dojos, else good luck with seeking the guidance you seek. OSU!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
Spirit
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Kuma Dojo Assoc
Spirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to behold
Even if you are given a syllabus it really would not help you unless it is taught to you by a kyokushin instructor.

Look for offshoots from kyokushin as well, this is a great alternative. Since many of the offshoots have taken a step back to the older ways of training as the Kyokushin dojo's have moved to more motived ways...

Don't be locked into "kyokushin" do to assumptions, etc, look for an dojo and instructor that you fit in with (this is more important than style).
Old 01-02-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
shahid1574
New K4Ler

hi,
thanks for suggesting about dojos in oceanside. but i looked for it online and they dont show up ( the address and name of dojo). so could you help me if you happen to have the address and name of kyokushin dojos in oceanside.
thank you very much once again.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #6
shahid1574
New K4Ler

i have also leaned towards offshoots a little bit. but unfortunately i found about them that most of them are incorporating kempo karate in their syllabus and its totally different style. i dont really feel comfortable combining or comparing another style to kyokushin. but if you happen to know abt any offshoot dojo which has old school training of kyokushin please let me know abt it.
thank you everybody.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:58 PM   #7
smoothsake
Senior K4L Member

smoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to beholdsmoothsake is a splendid one to behold
Here is the contact info:

OCEANSIDE DOJO
Senpai Charles Price
pastorceprice@aol.com
Old 01-03-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
Spirit
Senior K4L Member

Spirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to beholdSpirit is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahid1574 View Post
i have also leaned towards offshoots a little bit. but unfortunately i found about them that most of them are incorporating kempo karate in their syllabus
So did Oyama with Kyokushin
In fact almost every Karate style is or has kata or tecnhiques from Kempo...

Last edited by Spirit; 01-03-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:10 PM   #9
Bloke
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: n/a
Bloke is a jewel in the roughBloke is a jewel in the roughBloke is a jewel in the roughBloke is a jewel in the rough
Welcome to the forums
Old 01-03-2008, 01:58 PM   #10
Lucy
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IFK/BKK
Lucy will become famous soon enoughLucy will become famous soon enough
Welcome Shahid. You'll find everything you ever wanted to know here!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
cecil667
K4L Member

Org/Style: Kyokushin
cecil667 is on a distinguished road
Hi shahid! Don't be afraid to ask any of us questions! Lots of information is found on the forums!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #12
blugularis
K4L Member

blugularis is on a distinguished road
I feel that Enshin, Ashihara, Oyama, Bushido-kai, are all offshoots, that still train hard.
I have heard of Ashihara in California, but if you ever run into a student named "Ali," he ripped me off, promised me some copies of some videos, and never sent them, lame loser.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:15 AM   #13
smoothsake
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
I feel that Enshin, Ashihara, Oyama, Bushido-kai, are all offshoots, that still train hard.
I have heard of Ashihara in California, but if you ever run into a student named "Ali," he ripped me off, promised me some copies of some videos, and never sent them, lame loser.
Ashihara exists in Torrance. Enshin is in Irvine.

The personal bit on "Ali" is not really needed here. I would suggest you keep those opinions to yourself.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #14
blugularis
K4L Member

well, he is Ashihara, and my guess is that he is in Torrance, and maybe you are right, not needed in this venue. I just don't believe in giving anyone a referral, and having them get taken by someone in a referral that I have given out...
Old 05-04-2008, 06:33 AM   #15
blugularis
K4L Member

Actually, very little kempo, aka Parker, with Kyokushin-kai, Kempo local "fights sidewise," and uses a lot of backfist and side-kick, which gets slammed by lowkicks of Oyama.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:35 PM   #16
mary222
Senior K4L Member

mary222 is on a distinguished road
guys are we really gonna start the fight about who's style is best...
Old 05-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #17
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant futureDent has a brilliant future
Osu!

No, Mary222, we're all going to remember the Forum rules, and stay away from that kind of posting.

Blugularis will take note, and I'm sure he'll avoid doing so in the future.

Osu!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:35 PM   #18
charger1
New K4Ler

Org/Style: AKKO
charger1 is on a distinguished road
kyokushin in california

You should check out this website. If the school is not close enough to you he will be able to find you one cappakarate.com
Old 09-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #19
medguy
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Kyokushinkai
medguy has a spectacular aura aboutmedguy has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the forum!

I am from Oceanside, and a nidan in Enshin and an ikkyu in Kyokushin. Although I am not an Enshin certified branch chief, I can help you with kumite and teach you some basic one on one fighting drills. As for formal lessons, you would have to go to a formal dojo for that. The Kyokushin dojo in Oceanside is difficult to get in touch with. I would recommend the dojo in Tustin, or Enshin in Irvine. If you are interested in fighting only, there is Extreme Power Muay Thai in Oceanside, as well as my gym, Dojo Americana, also in Oceanside.

Feel free to pM me if you are interested in basic kumite kyokushin under knockdown format.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #20
Spirit
Senior K4L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blugularis View Post
Actually, very little kempo, aka Parker, with Kyokushin-kai, Kempo local "fights sidewise," and uses a lot of backfist and side-kick, which gets slammed by lowkicks of Oyama.
Parker was Kyokushin in the early days [late 50's or early 60's]