iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 09:32 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
49ers1970
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Jissenteki
49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold
New Hybrid style of karate.

OSU! Everyone!
Two colleagues and I have started a new hybrid style of karate called
Jitsusenteki karate. Our style of sparring is similiar to Daidojuku.
However, we do have some different rules and have a military style street
oriented self-defense system to balance out the sporting aspects.
I, Peter Mouttapa and based in San Jose, California and my colleague
Paul Silva Jr. is based in San Francisco, California. Our head master(s)
Sigun Steve Labounty lives in Auburn, California and Kancho Paul Silva Sr.
lives in Maine, but plans to move to Oregon sometime next year.
Please write to me if you are potentially interested in our style.
We will give you more concise details when I receive your replies.
Osu!
Sensei Peter Mouttapa
Old 12-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Dent
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: IOGKF/ IKO 1
Dent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond reputeDent has a reputation beyond repute
Osu!

Nice to see you on here, 49ers1970!

I'm pleased to see that your new organization is represented here, and hope that we will hear more about your activities as they happen!

(Don't forget to submit your Dojo details)

Osu!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
49ers1970
Senior K4L Member

49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold49ers1970 is a splendid one to behold
Osu! Sir,
Right now with the bad economy and massive overhead ($4/sq.ft.) in San Jose, I am/will teach out of my garage. The capacity will be for up to 10 students at a time.
Days and times will be announced according to the prospective students needs.
If/when the student pop gets bigger, I will consider moving the training to a community college facility. My colleague Paul and I have regular day jobs and are not in it for the money. We are only training people who are serious and are to be trained in a way which we feel is realistic for the current times of how fights take place in the street or in the ring.
I, Peter Mouttapa have trained formally in Renbukai Karate, under Lim Sison which
was an offshoot group of Ron Marchini. I received my Shodan under Lim Sison's karate
academy in 1989. I trained in World Oyama karate from 1990-1997 receiving my Shodan in 1995. From 1996-2005, I trained in Muay Thai kickboxing and American boxing.
From 1998-2005, I competed in Knockdown karate, Muay Thai and boxing and was able to win some trophies and placed in major events.
My colleague, Paul Silva Jr. has a Black belt in Old school Hawaiian Kenpo and Japanese Jiu-Jitsu. He has also trained and competed in boxing and knockdown karate
in a successful manner. He was also a World Champion in stickfighting from 2000-2001.
Our Kancho Paul Silva Sr. has trained in all of the above styles for over 50 years and is also a Grandmaster in Pentjak Silat. Our Grandmaster, Sigun Stephen LaBounty also
has over 50 years of experience in Shotokan, Kenpo and Judo. He also has extensive
experience in Okinawan Kobudo.
Our style is Jitsusenteki karate. Practical Combat Karate. Our sport training is focused on methods very similiar to the Daidojuku system. We also plan to compete in
knifefighting competitions. Our self-defense is geared towards the most common attacks on the street. Empty handed attacks vs. baseball bats/clubs, guns, knives etc. We also have special sparring drills dealing with gang attacks vs. one person. We are first and foremost a self-defense system. Sport training
for full contact competition is for fun on a periodic basis 2-3 times per year. We practice no more than 10 katas, but focus more on the bunkai although we believe good form is important.
If anyone is interested, or lives in the North or South Bay Area of California (San Francisco or San Jose), please write to me.
Osu!
Sensei Peter Mouttapa
Old 12-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
powerof0ne
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: KSK
powerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud of
I think I met you around '99 at the Seattle Sabaki...your name is very familiar to me, anyway.

Correction..I did briefly meet you and surprised that I even remember by your name because 9 times out of 10 I'm horrible with names. http://www.mountainviewmartialarts.c...r-mouttapa.asp

Good luck with your dojo!

Last edited by powerof0ne; 12-28-2008 at 08:28 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
49ers1970
Senior K4L Member

Smile Hello!

Osu! My name is Sensei Peter Mouttapa.
Yeah, I competed in the Sabaki from 1998-2000.
I placed 2nd in the Middleweight division in 1999.
What's your name? Where do you live?
Osu!
Sensei Peter
Old 12-30-2008, 08:21 PM   #6
powerof0ne
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: KSK
powerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud ofpowerof0ne has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers1970 View Post
Osu! My name is Sensei Peter Mouttapa.
Yeah, I competed in the Sabaki from 1998-2000.
I placed 2nd in the Middleweight division in 1999.
What's your name? Where do you live?
Osu!
Sensei Peter
Osu!
I sent you a private message with some information and questions about your style. Hope to hear from you soon. I was 19 at the time I competed and if you still have that old program or anything you can find me on it
Osu!

v/r
Brian Culpepper