iconAll times are GMT. The time now is 06:04 AM. | Welcome to Forum, please register to access all of our features.

» Kyokushin4life » The Resource » Interviews » Members » a new way of interviewing k4l members?

Old 03-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
kanku
member k4l drinking club

Org/Style: IKKU
kanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant future
a new way of interviewing k4l members?

just an idea...........

a new way of having a k4l member of the week/month without the same questions getting asked.

how about.............

1) you p.m somebody to ask if they would like to be the subject.

2) if they agree, you then post them as this weeks/months member to be interviewed and post it......seperate threads for different people.

3) k4l members can ask their own questions and that way everybody can get involved and perhaps this might make it a more interesting read.

4) we only do this weekly, or monthly with one person.

5) if the person interviewed is asked a question they would rather not answer, they just say so.

so, what do you think to this guys, can anybody improve the idea?

PS Dent is going to be my last effort!

Last edited by kanku; 03-18-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
MilkManX
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: Enshin
MilkManX is just really niceMilkManX is just really niceMilkManX is just really niceMilkManX is just really niceMilkManX is just really nice

I love the idea. Sounds like fun and a good way to learn from each other even more than we already have.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
Shokei Marcsui
Hate running? Join Karate

Org/Style: ???
Shokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud of
Perhaps we should have a K4L vote every month to see who the lucky K4L member will be that will be interviewed.

One suggestion would be that the winner from last month (either GJEChamberlain or Has been) can interview the current K4L winner. And so on and so forth.

Perhaps monthly. It would probabyl take at least a month for some of the information to be absorbed.

Sounds good to me.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: WYKKO
sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
I'll vote for that
Old 03-18-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
Kansetsu
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: World Oyama
Kansetsu is on a distinguished road
OSU!

I approve of this message...LOL

OSU!
Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
kanku
member k4l drinking club

kanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant futurekanku has a brilliant future
i just like the idea of everybody asking questions, this would get everybody involved and ensure a varied range of questions?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #7
ksan
Senior Moderator

Org/Style: Kicky & Punchy
ksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to beholdksan is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbeen View Post
i just like the idea of everybody asking questions, this would get everybody involved and ensure a varied range of questions?
I agree

osu
Old 03-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Shokei Marcsui

Shokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud ofShokei Marcsui has much to be proud of
Quote:
Agreed.

So everyone cuts and paste their Q and A from the interviewee?
Old 03-19-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
kanku
member k4l drinking club

OSU!!

no, my idea would be an ongoing thread..you post the question in the thread and when the interviewee gets round to it he answers it, a little bit like our questions and answers thread..................i hope that makes sense
Old 03-19-2009, 02:48 PM   #10
kanku
member k4l drinking club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokei Marcsui View Post
Agreed.

So everyone cuts and paste their Q and A from the interviewee?
osu!! no, imagine you have just asked me a question, this is how i would reply.

sorry i doubled the post everybody.....living up to my avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by kanku; 03-19-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #11
tmd
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: IKK
tmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant futuretmd has a brilliant future
Totally agree bud - top idea.....
Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
sandman
Senior K4L Member

sandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond reputesandman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
osu!! no, imagine you have just asked me a question, this is how i would reply.

sorry i doubled the post everybody.....living up to my avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This method sounds good to me...
Old 03-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #13
senshido
Senior K4L Member

senshido is a splendid one to beholdsenshido is a splendid one to beholdsenshido is a splendid one to beholdsenshido is a splendid one to beholdsenshido is a splendid one to beholdsenshido is a splendid one to beholdsenshido is a splendid one to behold
sounds like a plan... Osu
Old 03-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #14
Shokei Marcsui

Sounds good! When does dent or Kakatootoshi want to volunteer to be the first to go?!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 PM   #15
kanku
member k4l drinking club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shokei Marcsui View Post
Sounds good! When does dent or Kakatootoshi want to volunteer to be the first to go?!
Dents interview will posted shortly but if you want to ask kakatootoshi, why not!

but it might be an idea to have one person per week, so we can concentrate on just the one person.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:39 PM   #16
Nix
Advocatus Diaboli

Org/Style: Ashihara (NIKO)
Nix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to behold
Thank you all for your valuable input. It's great to see that you have ideas on how to improve Kyokushin4Life. Keep it coming!

I think this is a good idea, but I have some concerns which I am going to address.

1. Member of month and elitism
MoM is an honourable concept, but we should avoid elitism and popularity contests. Instead of nominating a member because he is such a great guy, how about nominating a member on the basis of an enlightening post or an interesting topic? That might encourage people to make more quality posts.
2. Anonymity
Many people prefer to be just a pseudonym, or would like to stay anonymous for various reasons. Suddenly feeling obligated to answering a lot of questions might put them in an uncomfortable position.
Oh, and Shokei Marcsui:
Quote:
PS Dent is going to be my last effort!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #17
kanku
member k4l drinking club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix View Post
Thank you all for your valuable input. It's great to see that you have ideas on how to improve Kyokushin4Life. Keep it coming!

I think this is a good idea, but I have some concerns which I am going to address.

1. Member of month and elitism
MoM is an honourable concept, but we should avoid elitism and popularity contests. Instead of nominating a member because he is such a great guy, how about nominating a member on the basis of an enlightening post or an interesting topic? That might encourage people to make more quality posts.
2. Anonymity
Many people prefer to be just a pseudonym, or would like to stay anonymous for various reasons. Suddenly feeling obligated to answering a lot of questions might put them in an uncomfortable position.
Oh, and Shokei Marcsui:

OSU NIX!!

nobody will be forced to participate and being kyokushin, or suchlike participants, being used to fending off kicks, punches and knees, fending off the invitation with a polite refusal is something i don`t think will upset many?

it`s up to everybody who they would like to nominate, it has never been suggested that somebody has to be elite or popular.....if you find a thread interesting, there would be nothing to stop you or anybody else from nominating that person.

i also don`t think that people will make interesting posts on the off chance they might get nominated to be interviewed, if people have got something to say, they say it.

i know your concerns are genuine and you have everybody`s best interests at heart so i hope i don`t come across as being negative, just expressing a view, as you are......have a great weekend nix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #18
Nix
Advocatus Diaboli

Org/Style: Ashihara (NIKO)
Nix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to beholdNix is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
nobody will be forced to participate and being kyokushin, or suchlike participants, being used to fending off kicks, punches and knees, fending off the invitation with a polite refusal is something i don`t think will upset many?
True - I just wanted to point out that it's a possible outcome.

Quote:
it`s up to everybody who they would like to nominate, it has never been suggested that somebody has to be elite or popular.....if you find a thread interesting, there would be nothing to stop you or anybody else from nominating that person.
Yeah. But my idea was that people would be nominated on the base of a something a little more specific than "omg i think this guy is rly gr8 !!1".

Quote:
i also don`t think that people will make interesting posts on the off chance they might get nominated to be interviewed, if people have got something to say, they say it.
I suppose you are right - I'm just looking for ways to con people into making more quality posts.

Quote:
i know your concerns are genuine and you have everybody`s best interests at heart so i hope i don`t come across as being negative, just expressing a view, as you are......have a great weekend nix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If anyone here is negative, it is me. I am enjoying your input. Have an even greater weekend, mr. H!
Old 03-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #19
sandman
Senior K4L Member

Osu! Nix, I think your concerns are valid - I'm not sure how to get around the member of the week being a popularity contest. I think most of our forumka would not be put out by not being nominated, but I could see it happening... Maybe we could limit the MoW nominations to forum blackbelts, then once all had been interviewed we would interview only as someone reaches blackbelt status??? They would retain the right to refuse of course. I think by the time a forum member reaches that level, they've already made a significant number of quality posts and and other forumka are already interested in knowing more about them. I don't know - just a thought...
Old 03-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #20
jcc
Senior K4L Member

Org/Style: n/a
jcc has a spectacular aura aboutjcc has a spectacular aura aboutjcc has a spectacular aura about
Osu!

Maybe we could make a list like with the k4l wow? And IŽd suggest at least 2 weeks per interview to give everyone a decent chance to ask questions etc. A week is a short time in politics....

Osu!