T. O. S. of your Virtual Dojo
T.O.S. = Terms Of Service
If you read only this: (The short story)
- Everyone is welcome, but it is not for everyone.
- Post in English.
- Behave with respect, like in the dojo.
- No karate politics.
- The rules will be enforced.
Welcome to the greatest karate community ever; members of this international community are all proud of what Kyokushin4Life
has become over the years; we are glad to have you with us, but before you jump in, here are a few recommendations to make your stay enjoyable for all:
Kyokushin4Life is a community of kyokushin, knock down, & full contact karate enthusiasts. It is (mostly) free and warmly welcomes everyone that is willing to learn and contribute his or her experience with full respect of other members.
Members from all over the world talk serious karate here! We get to meet new people from many styles, and learn and progress individually and collectively from each other.
Beginners often join in to ask questions; they are always warmly welcome and their questions thoroughly answered by knowledgeable members, that are often very high ranking karateka.
We also discuss non karate matters, but trivialities are kept at a reasonable level, and discussions are always in full respect of each other.
Not unlike an online dojo would be
It is sometimes a good option to "agree to disagree"
Everyone is welcome, but, like kyokushin karate, this community is not for everyone: You are expected to behave properly & respectfully, post relevant comments, ask sincere questions, and contribute by sharing your experience, stories and knowledge.
If you are used to other forum (Martial Arts or not), you might want to "feel the vibe" for a week or two before "jumping in", in order to make sure that you understand the unwritten code...
Spammers and trolls are mercilessly exterminated.
It is okay and encouraged to share personal experiences and feelings... However, please keep in mind that the boards are public; as much as we will try to keep this environment safe, it is opened to the world, and not everything is safe "out there"... Please use discretion and common sense with private information, names, specifics, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc...
Kyokushin4Life is the best sources online for kyokushin related matters, but not for kyokushin politics:
The politics of kyokushin and the relationships between the heads of the various organizations will not be debated on Kyokushin4life forums. This is a zero tolerance policy that will not be discussed and will be strictly enforced. Temporary & indefinite bans will be used. Posts or threads editing or deletion are encouraged to keep these discussions out of our forum.
This includes discussions on which styles / organizations are better or not, and discussions that disparage an organization, or make it appear in a poor light.
If you think other styles are inferior, or want to find out why Org (x) /Style (x) broke off from Kyokushin Karate, etc... this forum is not for you.
- The language of the board in ENGLISH: This is an international community. A large portion of our members speak English as a second language; We expect you will make an effort to be understood and to ask a question if something is not clear; that said, imperfect English is okay, don't worry.
- Behave with respect, like in the dojo.
- Respect other members, their opinions, their beliefs & their culture which may be very different from yours.
- Be respectful of Karate, all Karate organizations, their founders & seniors, other Martial Arts, other Martial Arts fora and online communities.
- Respect the fighters. It is okay to dislike or disagree with someone, but not to disparage her/him.
- Respect the Moderators and Administrators; their responsibility is to keep the space open for all to enjoy, and to make & enforce the rules. They will enforce the rules! Do not put yourself in a position to be banned from this community.
- Moderators are also active users of the forum, and post there regularly. In order to avoid confusion and/or misunderstanding, the Moderators will use a special icon to ensure that there are no ambiguity for their intervention.
- Arguing with an icon bearing Moderator, or with an Administrator is cause for an immediate temporary ban.
- No discussion of Moderator's sanction of a member are allowed on the boards. Please use PMs.
- Moderators will not discuss the circumstances of a sanction towards a member with other members.
- No "trashing" of Karate organisations or their founders is allowed at any time & under any circumstance - This rule will be STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- No fighter bashing!
- No vulgar language and/or inappropriate material.
- Vulgar and inappropriate materials are not allowed and will be removed. You may be sanctioned. The rule of thumb is: "If you would not say it in front of, or show it to your 5 years old daughter, or in the dojo, then it is not appropriate for Kyokushin4life.
- Do NOT post pornographic materials. (yes, we know it when we see it!)
- NO racism, NO religion, NO politics, NO graphical materials.
- Do not discuss each other.
- Do not abuse other members. Get along with other members. Smile.
- discuss the matter at hand. It is okay to agree to disagree. Posts discussing individual members in a negative way will be deleted, and the offending member will receive a time out from the board (temporary ban).
- If you find a post offensive, please use 'report this post' feature to report the post to the moderators.
- Do not post negative comments about other members. If you have a problem with another user, please contact a Moderator via PM.
- Discussions on downloading pirated copyrighted material is prohibited.
- Sharing a scanned copy, a copy of an e-book or copyrighted documents is strictly not allowed.
- No spamming on the forums. The relevancy of your posts is important to the Kyokushin4Life community.
- Your profile/thread/post may be edited or deleted if the Moderators believe it is in breach of the Terms of Service.
- Signatures are limited to 3 lines and one link. If you want to advertise on the forums, please contact a Moderator or an Administrator.
- Self promoting of your business or products in this forum must be authorized prior to publishing. please contact a Moderator or an Administrator. if you want to advertise.
- All materials posted on the forum become the property of Kyokushin4life and may be used and re-used for other purposes and publication, quotes, or any other forms of dissemination, etc... Think twice or thrice before you post or start a thread as Kyokushin4Life has a no deletion policy for topics that conform to the rules.
- Multiple membership and/or the creation of Aliases is prohibited.
- These rules may change from time to time.
The following block of advertising and promotion on K4L is being reviewed - please contact Administrator Janus with your request
Advertising and Promoting guidelines
K4L has a NO free advertising policy.
- goods or services and products for sale
- promoting business sites and services, discussion forums
Active and contributing members may offer personally owned items for sale - the key word here is ACTIVE! When in doubt, ask a moderator before posting.
You may have a link in your signature.
Promoting your club
You can also submit your knockdown karate dojo to this Dojo Directory.
Please make sure your dojo has not been submitted by anyone in the past. You can check by searching for it
K4L members with permissions can post events and promote/post here
, then it will be visible for everyone in the events section
Advertising your events on K4L is strongly encouraged. Even more encouraged is advertising K4L at your event. While it is not mandatory to give a plug to K4L at your event in return for putting it on our calendar, we ask you to make every effort to repay in kind. At the very least - become a support member!
If you have a business or service that you think will benefit the members of K4L, please contact K4L via the PM system.